Now for something serious.

-

Mark Wainwright

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
135804014_1293839414336301_8142324365332982524_o.jpg

Good words, went through that with my father.
Humerous anecdote: Dad went to an adult day center weekdays. My wife would pick him up on her way home from work. She would ask him where they should turn, engaging his sense of direction.
After three weeks of this he said to her: "You're a lousy driver, every day you ask me for directions, you should know theway by now!"

Good words, went through that with my father.
Humerous anecdote: Dad went to an adult day center weekdays. My wife would pick him up on her way home from work. She would ask him where they should turn, engaging his sense of direction.
After three weeks of this he said to her: "You're a lousy driver, every day you ask me for directions, you should know theway by now!"
It's a very debilitating disease and is extremely hard on the family. The patient lands up in their own world and doesn't know anyone. An awful disease.

yeah,, my mother in law (who lives with us) suffers from it

thank goodness hers is a mild case that presents itself in a benign way, she doesnt get hostile or violent
but it is still a sad way to be

yeah,, my mother in law (who lives with us) suffers from it

thank goodness hers is a mild case that presents itself in a benign way, she doesnt get hostile or violent
but it is still a sad way to be
There will come a day unfortunately that she may. A very good friend of our family was a real gentle man and wouldn't hurt a flee. He landed up with it and he became so violent they had to restrain him. Thankfully he passed away shortly after that.

There will come a day unfortunately that she may. A very good friend of our family was a real gentle man and wouldn't hurt a flee. He landed up with it and he became so violent they had to restrain him. Thankfully he passed away shortly after that.

who knows

we're just taking it day by day
about a month ago, she got admitted to the ICU with a brain infection
that particular diagnosis had a 30% survival rate

she made it through that allright and made it back home about 2 weeks later but she didnt make it through unscathed

we dont know if it is the toll of the disease or the anti seizure drugs they put her on (kepra), but she has been a lot more sleepy since she made it back home

off course, she sleeps more, she eats less and it all snowballs from there

my wife got the neurologist to change her dosing of kepra to a longer acting one, which i need to pick up as soon as it gets filled and hopefully that will knock the sleepiness down some and she will recover a bit more of her mobility

but in the end, you know she's gonna die, you just hope its in a way that leaves her her dignity

who knows

we're just taking it day by day
about a month ago, she got admitted to the ICU with a brain infection
that particular diagnosis had a 30% survival rate

she made it through that allright and made it back home about 2 weeks later but she didnt make it through unscathed

we dont know if it is the toll of the disease or the anti seizure drugs they put her on (kepra), but she has been a lot more sleepy since she made it back home

off course, she sleeps more, she eats less and it all snowballs from there

my wife got the neurologist to change her dosing of kepra to a longer acting one, which i need to pick up as soon as it gets filled and hopefully that will knock the sleepiness down some and she will recover a bit more of her mobility

but in the end, you know she's gonna die, you just hope its in a way that leaves her her dignity
My mom had Parkinson’s the exact opposite she was sharp as a tack brain firing on all cylinders she just couldn’t control her motor actions. Near the end she couldn’t make it to washroom without help couldn’t feed herself. But to talk to her was like she was when she lived at home by herself. Can’t imagine what that would be like able to think and process and no body control to do anything. Use to pray my dad would come get his bride and he did suffering over now.

Use to pray my dad would come get his bride and he did suffering over now.

thats how my grandmother was
grandpa died when i was 7, grandma lived almost 30 years after that, and she only got confused the last few years

the entire 3 decades she was waiting for grandpa though

when she finally passed, the notification mentioned that Grandpa finally came to get her

I went through Alzheimer's with both of my parents before they passed away. The wife & are are going through it with her mother now. With the Corona crap we cannot go see her since she is in a skilled nursing facility in Mississippi & we are in Texas. It is a horrible debilitating disease that I wouldn't wish on anyone. To all of the members here attending to Alzheimer's patients, GOD BLESS YOU!

If you are a believer and are caring for an Alzheimer's patient, there is a wonderful Southern Gospel song by the Booth Brothers. It's called "She Still Remembers Jesus' Name". Hope these lyrics give you comfort in knowing where they are going.

Time has cast a shadow on her memory
And age has robbed her mind of dates and names
Seems the pieces of her past are lost forever
And the old home place just doesn't seem the same
Faded pictures taped into the family albums
She tries in vain but can't seem to recall
That the handsome man was once her loving husband
Who went Home to be with Jesus just last fall
But she still remembers Jesus and His amazing grace
He left a mark upon her heart that time cannot erase
She can tell you who He is and what He did and why He came
Yes she still remembers Jesus' name
Still her children come most every day to see her
Behind their smiles they try to hide their pain
But at times its hard to keep the tears from coming
When she asks her first born child, "Now what's your name?"
Yet she knows every word to "Rock of Ages Cleft for Me"
You can feel His presence in the room when she quotes John 3: 16
Though she was just a young girl when she first knelt down to pray
She remembers when she met Him like it was yesterday
Yes she still remembers Jesus and His amazing grace
He left a mark upon her heart that time cannot erase
She can tell you who He is and what He did and why He came
Yes she still remembers Jesus' name
It's a comfort to her family and it helps to ease their pain
That she still remembers Jesus' name
Jesus' name
Source: Musixmatch

If you are a believer and are caring for an Alzheimer's patient, there is a wonderful Southern Gospel song by the Booth Brothers. It's called "She Still Remembers Jesus' Name". Hope these lyrics give you comfort in knowing where they are going.

a few years ago one of my buddies lost his mom
she was young, somewhere in here 50 i believe
her mom was still healthy though

i got to visit her in the hospital before she died and that was an experience i'll never forget
there were four generations there singing hymns

what a legacy

My mom had Parkinson’s the exact opposite she was sharp as a tack brain firing on all cylinders she just couldn’t control her motor actions. Near the end she couldn’t make it to washroom without help couldn’t feed herself. But to talk to her was like she was when she lived at home by herself. Can’t imagine what that would be like able to think and process and no body control to do anything. Use to pray my dad would come get his bride and he did suffering over now.
That's would be a bad way to go as well Ahoey. It was a blessing in disguise. Sorry for your loss my friend. My mom was in the early stages of dementia and pneumonia took her before it got too bad. She was slowly sinking. My dad died of a massive heart attack at 67 so fortunately he didn't have to go through stuff like that.

I have a form of Parkinsons. In my situation it is the trembling and sometimes lack of equilibrium. I am building a 318 for my grandson. Somedays I can get one bolts or one nut installed and I am done for the day. I had o get a new torque wrench that was not "click type" because somewhere in trying to apply steady even pull on the wrench the trembling will start and the wrench click and I am nowhere near needed torque or way the hell over. May take me a year but I will get it done.

thats how my grandmother was
grandpa died when i was 7, grandma lived almost 30 years after that, and she only got confused the last few years

the entire 3 decades she was waiting for grandpa though

when she finally passed, the notification mentioned that Grandpa finally came to get her
That's would be a bad way to go as well Ahoey. It was a blessing in disguise. Sorry for your loss my friend. My mom was in the early stages of dementia and pneumonia took her before it got too bad. She was slowly sinking. My dad died of a massive heart attack at 67 so fortunately he didn't have to go through stuff like that.
Yes agreed everyone has an expire date just don’t understand why some have to suffer for so long before the date arrives. I think it has a lot to do with man meddling with mom nature. If left to natures ways I wouldn’t be here had an aneurism in my brain at 32 years Dr West operated and everything still works if this would have happened 10 years earlier the technology wouldn’t have been there. Sometimes somethings are better left to mom nature.

Yes agreed everyone has an expire date just don’t understand why some have to suffer for so long before the date arrives. I think it has a lot to do with man meddling with mom nature. If left to natures ways I wouldn’t be here had an aneurism in my brain at 32 years Dr West operated and everything still works if this would have happened 10 years earlier the technology wouldn’t have been there. Sometimes somethings are better left to mom nature.
What I mean by this is survival of the fittest. Mom nature has a way of strengthening the gene pool mans meddling has eroded that. Hard pill to swallow but it’s what I think.

One day we were standing around in one of my mentors shop he raced an original 64 Plymouth max wedge. I was looking in the trunk of a 70 cuda at the tail lights there was a glob of that crap that they used to seal light to body picked it off and was rolling it around in my fingers. One of my pals asked what’s that? I handed it to him and said after he took it don’t know but I had a hell of a time getting it out of my nose. The shop burst out into laughter. Makes me smile.

I have a form of Parkinsons. In my situation it is the trembling and sometimes lack of equilibrium. I am building a 318 for my grandson. Somedays I can get one bolts or one nut installed and I am done for the day. I had o get a new torque wrench that was not "click type" because somewhere in trying to apply steady even pull on the wrench the trembling will start and the wrench click and I am nowhere near needed torque or way the hell over. May take me a year but I will get it done.
I worked with a guy that had a bad tremor, not only his hands but his head as well. He drove hwy tractor without any problems. It was similar to Parkinsons as well. Maybe the same as you have. He said he was looking into brain surgery to correct or improve it.

One day we were standing around in one of my mentors shop he raced an original 64 Plymouth max wedge. I was looking in the trunk of a 70 cuda at the tail lights there was a glob of that crap that they used to seal light to body picked it off and was rolling it around in my fingers. One of my pals asked what’s that? I handed it to him and said after he took it don’t know but I had a hell of a time getting it out of my nose. The shop burst out into laughter. Makes me smile.
Nice comeback

With all the crap they put in out food these days it's no wonder. Genetically modified foods etc. are killing us slowly. The huge companies do this to extend shelf life, grow bigger animals and bigger yields on the farm etc. That's all fine and dandy but WTF is it doing to us? All in the name of $$$$$.

With all the crap they put in out food these days it's no wonder. Genetically modified foods etc. are killing us slowly. The huge companies do this to extend shelf life, grow bigger animals and bigger yields on the farm etc. That's all fine and dandy but WTF is it doing to us? All in the name of $$$$$.
That’s just it money talks bullshit walks

I worked with a guy that had a bad tremor, not only his hands but his head as well. He drove hwy tractor without any problems. It was similar to Parkinsons as well. Maybe the same as you have. He said he was looking into brain surgery to correct or improve it.
The Doc talked to me about that type of surgery. I'm too dang old to have someone playing with what little brain I do have. Besides the meds do a pretty good job most of the time keeping the trembling down to a dull roar.

Though I have to agree about the money (that's why I work) agricultural processes are why we can survive in our cozy town home and not starve. Take away the preserving and growing successive crops with the use of herbicides and increasing yields with the same and pesticides, people are going to starve. Sad but true. Best you can do is try to eat organic and do what you can to stay healthy.

Lost thread we were talking about 58 olds found this

96B70941-B8A6-4041-AEF9-988D050DC3F9.jpeg

E2CCD632-7F33-4939-889F-0CC9A33D8C0D.jpeg

-
Back