Official Dodge Challenger Survey-From Dodge.com

-

Jason96R

Reaction score
The link takes you to dodge.com survey. It only takes a minute or so to complete. Hopefully, pleanty of people fill out the survey so that Dodge makes the car. Also, challengertalk.com has the same survey, because they have been asked by Dodge to do a survey of the car for them. Please pass this around as I would love for Chrysler to build this car.

http://www.dodge.com/challenger_survey
www.challengertalk.com

Wow, to me that speaks volumes. I think things may be getting serious as far as this being a real production car :thumblef: . Lets keep our fingers crossed. Mark

Yeah, I am pretty excited to see that survey at the official dodge.com website. I have put it on some other sites too. Please pass it along to other message boards. Even if people take the survey and say that they hate it atleast they can voice their opinion about the car, that is what a free market is about.

Took the survey, told them I'm ready to order!

Then went to the Challenger Talk website and registered there and posted that I'm ready to buy in that forum too!

It's going to be a serious disappointment if they don't follow through after all of this!

Jay

The fact that Chyrsler has an actual survey on the official dodge.com site encourages me. When I first found challengertalk.com and they said they were asked to do an official survey I though it was BS, but later I found that same survey on dodge.com official site and was like YES!!!! Thank You Lord.

Also, everyone please vote multiple times in both or atleast one of the surveys.

O.K I did my part and did my servay,and I would like to say this site is my first to sign up on,thank you all for a grate a body ride.

just finished my survey... I guess I now have a rough idea on how much theyre charging for the V8s "over base", but does anyone have a ballpark figure on the actual base price itself? It looks like the Magnums/300Cs (with the Hemi) go for about 30K... I can live with hgh 20s/low 30s for a 6spd Hemi Challenger!

I took the survey and went to their website to enter my 'customer comment' saying that I really hope they put their concept into production.

I got this back today:

Thank you for your email praising the Dodge Challenger concept vehicle.

We are pleased to read of your interest in the Dodge Challenger concept vehicle. At this time, DaimlerChrysler has not released any official information regarding future production of the Dodge Challenger.
However, your opinion is very important to us and provides valuable input in determining the direction of future vehicles.

DaimlerChrysler would like you to share your opinions with us about the Dodge Challenger concept vehicle by visiting www.dodge.com/challenger_survey and completing the survey.

We greatly appreciate your feedback on the Dodge Challenger concept. It is comments like yours that are paramount to longevity of the Dodge brand.

As well, we have documented your interest in the Dodge Challenger concept vehicle and we encourage you to stay in contact with us through the Dodge website (http://www.dodge.com).

Keep those cards and letters coming (or rather going) boys and girls!

As far as prices, this is supposed to be based on the same platform as the new Charger, correct? Their website lists the Charger base price as mid-$22K. So, even with some inflation the base should/could(?) be in the mid to upper 20's, then the hemi-6 speed $4K increase would put it in the upper 20's to low to mid 30's. That's actually about the same percentage of my income as the $4K 'loaded' price of my '74 Challenger when I ordered it...I'll have to look, I think I still have the window sticker squirreled away someplace, but IIRC, with the 360, 4 speed, rallye pack, HD suspension and dealer prep, I think the pre-tax price was $4,375... Sigh. If I had only known, I'd have bought 3 and put two in a hermetically sealed vault.

Or at least not sold off the one I *DID* buy...oh well, we've covered that in a different thread.

Jay

I was looking for information on 360's this morning for the engine I'm planning on building for my '68 Barracuda and found a link to Allpar regarding a 'new' hemi for the 2008 Challenger...

"The just-announced-at-SEMA 6.4 liter version, at a historic 392 cubic inches, due in 2008 with the Dodge Challenger, does the SRT-8 one better, and we'd like to know how since the extra size isn't all that much. It generates a full 505 horsepower. Because it’s a crate engine for racing only, it’s quite possible that some sacrifices made for gas mileage and emissions reduction in even the SRT-8 version have been removed."

Link to full article

Since it's pretty specific about the details of the engine, I can only hope it's an indication that plans to actually build it are more firm than the D/C press releases and survey forms indicate. :thumblef:

Jay

The survey took all of 30 seconds to complete. I must say, this is the first new car since the early '70's that I actually like and would consider buying.

-
Back