Offset Crank Pulley

-

limegreen70

Pokorny Enterprise's
Reaction score
So I read that if you have a symmetrical pulley for your car and you need one that is offset, you can just oblong the one hole and it will work. I have read plenty on here of guys doing this but my friend swears it's a bad idea to do. Not saying he is wrong, or dumb. I like to do things the right way too but has anyone ever had any sort of issue when doing this and driving their car? I just need the reassurance lol.

The correct ones are hard to find or stupid expensive new, so do what you need to. People have done it for decades.

The correct ones are hard to find or stupid expensive new, so do what you need to. People have done it for decades.
Thats what I figured but same time. I don't have the experience like most of you guys have so I wasn't too sure.

Thats what I figured but same time. I don't have the experience like most of you guys have so I wasn't too sure.
I would do it so quick I wouldn't even post about it. lol

Been doing it for many years. Never a problem. Its one bolt hole moving approximately 1/8 inch and usually mostly covered by the washer built on the factory bolt

Chrysler started making new replacement pulleys with the slotted hole built in so it could be used for all years. Must not have been a problem for them. I've done it for over 40 years myself without a problem.

Chrysler started making new replacement pulleys with the slotted hole built in so it could be used for all years. Must not have been a problem for them. I've done it for over 40 years myself without a problem.
I saw that to. Mancini sells them. Made me think the same. I think some people just feel to uncomfortable doing something against how the factory did things.

-
Back