offset placement installed small block

-

67/6barracuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello team,
I tried to search the forum without any luck. Can someone please tell me what the offset is for the crankshaft center-line for a small block installed in 67 barracuda. So far this is what I have for measurements, 14" from passenger frame rail to center of crankshaft, and 16" from drivers side. That leaves me with only 1" offset to the passenger side. I am using trans dapt motor mounts and looks like I have plenty clearance for the drop center link. I was also trying to figure out what that height from the K member to the crank center-line would be.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20160102_122643.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 20160121_165439.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 165
This should help. However keep in mind it's not a "set in stone measurement".

[ame]http://ttiexhaust.com/PDF/II_TTI340A.pdf[/ame]

Dubob,
Thanks for the reference It looks like I need to go towards the passenger side a half inch. The difference of 2.5" between the frame rails would leave me at 1.5" from center line and that sounds like I heard that before.

Look on the TTI exhaust website. They list the exact measurements for where the center of the crank should be in relation to the frame rails and K-frame.

Dubob,
Thanks for the reference It looks like I need to go towards the passenger side a half inch. The difference of 2.5" between the frame rails would leave me at 1.5" from center line and that sounds like I heard that before.

If you are using the 360 magnum passenger and 340 driver manifolds I can measure the gap between the passenger manifold and the inner fender. That should put you exactly where you need to be. '69 Barracuda, 318, 360 magnum (large hole) manifold and 340 driver manifold.

Treblig

Thanks guys for the quick response. Treblig, when you get a chance can you measure it. I am pretty much running the same set up as you. No rush on it either its pouring outside thats why I am on-line and not working on my car. I gotta get my borrowed engine lift back eventually. So I figure I try and get the engine set properly. Thanks brother

Thanks guys for the quick response. Treblig, when you get a chance can you measure it. I am pretty much running the same set up as you. No rush on it either its pouring outside thats why I am on-line and not working on my car. I gotta get my borrowed engine lift back eventually. So I figure I try and get the engine set properly. Thanks brother

I can go measure it right now and get some pics for you. Be back in 10 min.

Treblig

I used two equal thickness metal plates and was able to get them to slide between the inner fender (where it's closet to the manifold) and the manifold itself. The plates fit so good that if I moved them forward just a little they would get stuck when they hit the raised numbers (4th pic) on the manifold. The two plate together had a width of exactly 5/8" and they fit with maybe .005" -.0010" clearance. My car has stock motor mounts in the stock position. I tried to fit the plates on the rear raised portion of the inner fender but they wouldn't quite fit in between the fender and the manifold so use the front raised portion of the inner fender so that you're in the exact same spot where I measured.
If you need anything else I'll do my best to help.

treblig

Attachments

• DSC05932.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC05933.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC05934.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC05935.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC05936.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC05937.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC05938.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 116
Thanks again, I cant believe how far to the passenger side these motors are set. Looking at it I thought I had to go towards the drivers side. But after the TTI header reference and your measurements it for sure needs to go towards the passenger side about a half inch more. You guys gave me the way ahead on this install. One more small adjustment then "set it and forget it" I'm anxious to fire this thing up within the next few weeks.

Thanks again, I cant believe how far to the passenger side these motors are set. Looking at it I thought I had to go towards the drivers side. But after the TTI header reference and your measurements it for sure needs to go towards the passenger side about a half inch more. You guys gave me the way ahead on this install. One more small adjustment then "set it and forget it" I'm anxious to fire this thing up within the next few weeks.

Especially if you're running P/S?? The driver's side manifold will have clearance problems if the motor isn't far enough over to the passenger's side.

Treblig

-
Back