Offy 5041 dual 1 Barrel carbs?

-

luvbeer35

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for which 1-barrel carbs to use with this? I have one 1920 holley 2536 mechanical choke carb. I'm not sure if I should get a pair of newer vintage rebuilds with a different type of choke or try to find another one of what I currently have?

I'm not sure what year carb the 2536 is but can say that the Offy dual single was originally set up for slant 6 carbs up through 66 that used the rotating rod linkage. With some linkage mods, later cable operated carbs ought to be able to be used.

The 2536 is for the 63 dart automatic with a 225 cid the 2535 was for the manual version. I think they were jetted a little differently. So as long as I have a matching pair with rotoating linkage things should go smoooooooooth. Thanks!

Does the Offy manifold have a plenum? I didn't think that it did? If I'm right, having one carb with a choke and one without is going to make the car run wierd until things get warmed up. Seems to me any matched pair with electric chokes would work best. That's my 2¢ worth.

The manifold does have a plenum between the two carbs. It is recommended that some sort of water heat be plumbed up to the bottom of the intake. Also, I found out that the carb mounting pads are large enough that they can be re-bored to accept a 2-bbl carburetor. I'll let everyone know what else I find out when my 5041 gets here.

-
Back