Oh Canada

-

GO DART

Reaction score
What A Great Week In Ontario! Walleyes And Pike Tuff At Times But 3 Out Of Four Scored Nice Muskies. My Son Alone Boated A 34" A 44" And To Top It Off A 49" (made For Television) Our Memories Will Last A Lifetime. If You A Body Nuts Have Never Gone Then Go. Take Your Kids Or Buddys And Enjoy The Canadian Wildnerness, But Prepare For Any And All Kinds Of Weather. Thanks Don

Sounds like you had a great time. I fish for Walleye out of Lake Erie. My dad says that Walleye has a different name in the South, and I am pretty sure they do. Went fishing with a friend in Texas he said all right I caught a ?, I said oh that is a Walleye and he was like huh. Anyway I have been trying to remember the name of the fish.

Yeah, I have heard them called Pickeral too. Thanks for the answer I told a friend that one of the only kind of fish I'll eat is Walleye, and she was like what's that. She is from Ft Scot, KS if I remember right.

Pike are the green wolves of the north. Always hungry and hunt in packs. They probably howl under water. Pike make great table fare after removing the strip of y bones. best filletting after 28". the gal in ft scott about has it right. walleye are the finest freshwater fish but on a shore lunch the pike will be eaten just as quickly.

awww gee. i'm wrong, pickeral must be walleyes. they only taste one way though! Happy canada day to our northern bro's

Been to the Soo a time or two, grew up in North Bay. Walleyes are Pickerel and Pikes are big hungry snakes. All you needed was a dare devil on lake Nippissing and you could catch them all day. Sometimes the same one. Most were scarred up from being caught, some would have lures stuck in them. Now muskie that is a different thing, never caught one myself but I do remember comming face to face with one under a dock in Trout Lake....did not take long to come out of that water like a missle...biiiigggg fish...:shaking2:

Always been Pickerel.or walleye to us. Went to Yarmouth, N.S., and my uncle told me they were catching 10 lb pickerel on his lake.I almost couldn't wait for the boat, to get fishing.Turns out, they were Pike. I guess everyone has their own names, for their own area.
Anyway, glad you had a great trip up here, and I'm jealous of the fine catches you made.

admittenly this is not tuff fishing and anyone who considers going i'll give a detailed report (including muskie areas) the lodge has offered a discount to return in september and i'm considering but it will cost me a new kitchen for my wife, or all heck will break loose. any ideals on how to stall a 25000.00 kitchen remodel? she does my books so she knows how much $ is availiable(ugh)

Ohh....we "negotiated" alright.

Kim said "install a new kitchen"............

....... and I did!

(just so happens,she was naked at the time)

Ohh yeah!!.........Lets see,.....a kitchen every twenty years?...yep, that sounds about right.
At least in the next twenty years, she will be too saggy to have any bargaining power.

Lets just all have another good two or thee Canadian two-four's and call them FISH :toothy10:
PS Good to see ya boys havin a good time up here....in the great white north (yah right) :sunny:

pic4.JPG

Always a good time up here, Jimmy boy!!
Love the colour of your Plymouth.I can't figure out why that magazine painted their Valiant white,after seeing your car,

MtNemoMopar said:
Always a good time up here, Jimmy boy!!
Love the colour of your Plymouth.I can't figure out why that magazine painted their Valiant white,after seeing your car,

Well, I thank you very much for your comment. Here's to ya :drinkers:

DSCF0016 (Small).JPG

I always called them Pickeral. If I recall correctly "walleye" is more of an American term.

OldVart said:
Pike are Northern Pike, Slough Sharks, Hammer Heads, and a few uncomplimentary names!! :)

You forgot "great nothern snakes" and "mud sharks". All I know is they're green, butt ugly nasty SOB's that taste like crap. The only thing they're good for is bear bait in the fall season.

-
Back