Oh the noise!

-

Kendog 170

Let the boy go !
Reaction score
I always had quiet mufflers on my Ragtop. Put 100K on her. Just finished restoring it last year rushing as I was selling my house and needed it together. Had some 2 clamber flow master kicking around so I used them. Drove up to NH.with the wife . First real cruise. My head was pounding when I got there. Dreaded the ride home. Just ordered a pair of mufflers. Can't get them on soon enough. Probably would of loved when I was a pup.

RT10.jpeg

What did you get for mufflers? Might consider even with the new mufflers a resistor on each pipe to kill the frequency at that certain RPM that is not getting canceled out.

I always had quiet mufflers on my Ragtop. Put 100K on her. Just finished restoring it last year rushing as I was selling my house and needed it together. Had some 2 clamber flow master kicking around so I used them. Drove up to NH.with the wife . First real cruise. My head was pounding when I got there. Dreaded the ride home. Just ordered a pair of mufflers. Can't get them on soon enough. Probably would of loved when I was a pup.

View attachment 1715517561

Let me guess, you have the exhaust dumping under the car.:poke::D

I keep a set of ported ear plugs in the car. They are alot cheaper than new mufflers

Wow she's a beauty and nice vert too ;)

I hope you don't mind that was my weak shot at humor. Your 68 is very nice. Those mufflers must have been loud with the wind noise if the top was down.

FLOWMASTER noise sucks anyway .

I bought a Summit 3" Kit for my 408 and had a local shop tweek the fitment.
Before the shop it was pretty loud but after they were done I was amazed how much quieter it was ! And this is a .648 solid roller Motor .
They Rerouted Some pipes, welded all the joints , added a crossover and got the mufflers back where they should be .

It may not be your mufflers ....

Been too busy trying to free up my Dad's garage as I don't have one anymore. Hoping to get it done next week.

No problem I'm just curious to see the end results.
Thanks.
MAPS

Ordered a 2 1/2" X pipe. Got the Dart up as high as I could Saturday . Should be getting to it Wednesday after work.

Finally crawled under and cut out intermediate pipes and Flow masters. Welded in an 2 1/2" X-pipe and new mufflers. Sounds so much better. Still has some growl to it. I will post how it sounds when I finish working down my list of odds and ends I need to finish and can get it outside. Sorry about bad pics my phone sucks.

Exhaust 1.jpeg

Exhaust 2.jpeg

-
Back