Oil pressure sender

-

mflynn

Reaction score
can anyone post a pic of the connector on the oil pressure sender of a 318 (68 barracuda)? Thanks!

Are you talking about the plastic connector cover, the metal connector itself or the top connector of the sending unit.

Also are you talking about sending unit for guage or for idiot light

Last edited:
Are you talking about the plastic connector cover, the metal connector itself or the top connector of the sending unit.

Also are you talking about sending unit for guage or for idiot light
The top connector of the sending unit i.e. how do I attach the wire to the top of the sender? Also, to gauge not idiot light

can anyone post a pic of the connector on the oil pressure sender of a 318 (68 barracuda)? Thanks!

If I remember correctly it’s just a regular spade connector. No plastic cover or sleeve.

Hope this helps. Eric

My Google searches show the top of the sender is a flat top post. And the connector is a female spade type connector in a plastic cover.
Screenshot_2019-04-07-17-41-21.png

Look at connector in upper right of this photo
Screenshot_2019-04-07-17-45-56.png

That plastic insulator for this terminal is rare, only seen in photos ^ LOL.
Common female spade terminal does work but if it doesn't have keeper of some sort, distort the far or open end of it after its on the button so it don't fall off easily.

Only 2.15 at rockauto so maybe I can have one. Added to my wish list.

...but if it doesn't have keeper of some sort, distort the far or open end of it after its on the button so it don't fall off easily..
Yeah X2. Because when it pops off and grounds out while you're driving...well nothing makes you pucker like seeing that oil light come on...

Yeah X2. Because when it pops off and grounds out while you're driving...well nothing makes you pucker like seeing that oil light come on...
The vehicle in question has oil gauge so there's a much worse scenario. Dead short can fry the oil gauge plus damage to the other 2 gauges is possible.

Another possible solution, but does require cutting or notching using AMP Faston receptacle housings.

154509 does not lock to the terminal. Maybe like the originals??
upload_2020-7-3_16-35-54.png

AMP 480416 does lock in the terminal but is taller.
upload_2020-7-3_16-38-45.png

upload_2020-7-3_16-52-2.png

Here's the terminal that's on the Year One (M&H ) harness currently on my '67
upload_2020-7-3_16-42-35.png

upload_2020-7-3_16-43-0.png

Yea. The insulation has shrunk away. Will decrimp or splice so some shrink tubing can be slipped on.

Anyway. My preference is the locking connector.
Since I have a spare sending unit it made it easy to measure, mark, and cut the housing to fit.

I used an Xacto razor saw and knife. Knife is cleaner cutting and the saw is faster for the the big cuts.
upload_2020-7-3_16-50-53.png

upload_2020-7-3_16-53-45.png

-
Back