oil sending switch

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Is it the same from year to year? I bought one for a 77 fury slant six to put into my 65 cuda.

If it screws into the block and the wire end hooks up, it will work

67dart; when are you going to stop giving answers about things you don't seem to know about?

67dart; when are you going to stop giving answers about things you don't seem to know about?

lol they dont go in the block on a slant.. they thread into the oil pump...

and slants never seem to have a gauge.... just a light...

Lots of slant 6 cars had oil pressure gauges. I've owned 2 of them. . The parts counter cleck should always ask if you have a light or a gauge . That is the only difference though.

Lots of slant 6 cars had oil pressure gauges. I've owned 2 of them. . The parts counter cleck should always ask if you have a light or a gauge . That is the only difference though.

i must have just been not lucky as none of mine have lol... 68/73 dart,65 belvedere...

I've only had 3 Darts with the /6 and they all were lights ! 340 Duster was a gauge !!

And the answer is.......in most years and models, the light type sender is the same. They did make some with different pressure specs so some will turn the light out at a lower oil pressure than others. It's just a simple switch....on and off. The gauge type sender came in versions depending on how high a reading the gauge had. Most were for either an 80 PSI gauge or a 100 PSI guage. The most common Mopars to have the gauge as standard equipment with a slant 6 are: '66-69 Barracudas, Pickups and Vans (although you could get them with a light too), '66-70 Chargers. Cars that had them as an option were: '70-2 E-bodies, '71-2 B-bodies, and some taxi models. There may be others but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

-
Back