Old Isky Cam help?

-

gagembassett

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What are the chances someone has an old catalog or list of Isky big block cams from the 1960s? I know it's a long shot but trying to find the possible cam my grandpa used in his 426 street wedge that helped him bump it up into factory experimental back in the mid 1960s. He thinks it was cam the "310 Isky" if that helps?

Not bein smart.....but have you tried contacting Isky? They aren't like Comp. They actually have people that know stuff.

Not bein smart.....but have you tried contacting Isky? They aren't like Comp. They actually have people that know stuff.
I understand what you mean, yes I did call and speak to an Isky tech staff member and surprisingly was rude and in essence told me to get real and that good luck finding a cam profile from 60 years ago. Unfortunate, first time I've ever spoke with them. Had high expectations.

Did you get his name? Maybe call back and ask to speak to someone older than him. I wouldn't be shy about letting management know that your first impression of their company is less than favorable.

These days social media noise likely gets noticed quickly.

Did you get his name? Maybe call back and ask to speak to someone older than him. I wouldn't be shy about letting management know that your first impression of their company is less than favorable.

True and good point. I could probably do that.

I understand what you mean, yes I did call and speak to an Isky tech staff member and surprisingly was rude and in essence told me to get real and that good luck finding a cam profile from 60 years ago. Unfortunate, first time I've ever spoke with them. Had high expectations.
Really? That honestly surprises me. I'm sorry to hear that. @MOPAROFFICIAL has some old catalogs. Maybe he can help.

tech staff member and surprisingly was rude and in essence told me to get real and that good luck finding a cam profile from 60 years ago.
Tell junior to grab Ed's cookbook from the safe.
Erson still has Sig's old cookbook.

Dang right. I know I would try to get someone in management and bend his ear.

I have an old Speed Equipment Company catalog from 1966. Shows an Isky 310 Hydraulic Super Road and Drag, 310 duration, .440 lift. No specs for @.050 lift.

Isky had a 310* hyd flat tappet cam, #165131 [ single bolt ].
310* adv, 244 @ 050, 108 LSA, 0.505"valve lift.

Well first off just want to thank everyone that chipped in on the conversation. I did end up calling Isky and talked to customer service about the issue. I brought up the attitude issue and stated that members of a 60,000 member forum helped more than the first call. The guy on the phone this time (Rod was his name for anyone curious) stated that based off of the very little information I had he was still easily able to find the cam he thinks it was. He thinks it's the 310 Hydraulic with .440 lift 310 advertised duration with 244 @ 050 and a 108 LSA as that was a very popular grind back in the 1960s and the .505 lift variant didn't come around until the early 1970s. Said that he could have the can done in 2 weeks. Just thought everyone would find the update interesting and thank you to all. Now the 1960s nostalgia build can start.

Last edited:
Well first off just eant to thank everyone that chipped in on the conversation. I did end up calling Isky and talked to customer service about the issue. I brought up the attitude issue and stated that members of a 60,000 member forum helped more than the first call. The guy on the phone this time (Rod was his name for anyone curious) stated that based off of the very little information I had he was still easily able to find the cam he thinks it was. He thinks it's the 310 Hydraulic with .440 lift 310 advertised duration with 244 @ 050 and a 108 LSA as that was a very popular grind back in the 1960s and the .505 lift variant didn't come around until the early 1970s. Said that he could have the can done in 2 weeks. Just thought everyone would find the update interesting and thank you to all. Now the 1960s nostalgia build can start.
That sounds more like it. Did he comment on the poor attitude?

That sounds more like it. Did he comment on the poor attitude?
Yes he did. Said he isn't sure why that employee acted like that and was really uncalled for especially when it was not a hard task to do. Apologized quite a bit about it since I told him that was my first interaction with Isky as a company. He took care of it well.

What are the chances someone has an old catalog or list of Isky big block cams from the 1960s? I know it's a long shot but trying to find the possible cam my grandpa used in his 426 street wedge that helped him bump it up into factory experimental back in the mid 1960s. He thinks it was cam the "310 Isky" if that helps?
Probably was their 300 series.
They made good power for what they were.
I'll look see if I have anything on those cams. I know they have them listed in old paw catalogs

Before I had made this post I had ordered a scanned PDF of an old Isky catalog. Thought I would share it to everyone. File is too big to share it on this website but if you pm me with your email I'd be glad to email it to you!

-
Back