OLD New Kid

-

BuckShot

Circle Track Racer
Reaction score
Hi to everyone !!! !! !
I'm new to this board so give me some slack. I'm into circle track racing and at the present own two cars. One car is a 78 Olds Cutlass, 355 SB Chevy, the real race car is a Late Model Monte on a Howe XL chassis, 355 SB Chevy.
Our race team goes by 00 BuckShot Racing and we race at Adirondack International Speedway ( http://www.adirondackspeedway.com/ ). My drivers and crew chiefs are serving in Afghanistan, each driver is the crew chief on their own car, I do most of the grunt work. They keep me posted on how things are going on the other side of the world, after getting their Hummers shot to HE** driving a race car will be a cake walk.
You might ask why is a Chevy man on this board, well I'm thinking of going to Mopar. I'd like to replace our Olds with an A-Body and use a 5.7 Hemi. I know that the rules will be changed the minute we show up with a Hemi, but as they are written today I don't see anything that would rule the Hemi out. Sure would be fun to see the reaction when we pulled the hood off. There are other reasons to make the swap to Mopar that I'll be asking about.
I was into drag racing back in the 70's, C/G Camero, B/FD, AA/DA, and a BB/FC. Sorry to say they all were Chevy powered. I did run a 68 383 auto Road Chicken, and a 70 340 4 spd Duster on the street back in the old days. When you could street race for some serious money. Southern Calif. was great in the 60's and 70's!
Well that should explain why a Chevy man is on the board, and a little back ground on me and my race team.
Bill Hansen
www.00BuckShotRacing.com

Welcome to the board BuckShot. We'll forgive you this time for running the bowtie stuff since that's kinda the standard, but only if you promise to follow through with the Mopar ride. Seriously, I think that sounds like an interesting set up and I'd like to be there when they get dusted,scratch their head, and all they can say is What the......?

Good luck and keep us posted.

-
Back