OMG.....Milodon and Hooker

-

Donnie514

Reaction score
Two questions, do you have to notch the k member for the Milodon 8 quart #30935 on a 1970 Duster?
If need be I would like to notch it before attempting to in stall the new motor, so any type of photo would be great. THANKS

Yes, to clear the front, right side corner of the pan (8 qt.) 7 qt. I'm not sure about. Cut just into the lip part and rewelding isn't a bad idea. But I don't have any pics.

TTI are the best headers to use. Plenty of room around the pan, no 90* filter adapter needed and I never had to disassemble my steering linkages. Not sure if or which Hookers may fit, if any. They either clear or you have to beat the heck out of the pan and/or headers.

Definitely gotta cut it. I'd weld it too. Also hookers will hit on the oil pan. Dougs clear and probably tti would too but I used hookers to break the motor in and I heated the tube and bent it for clearance. This is a passenger side pic. Hope it helps.

20191119_210412.jpg

moroso pan no cutting needed

True. However, Milodon is a shallower pan. But more importantly, the LAST time I ran a Moroso many years ago, the bottom mounted drain plug got ripped out when I dropped a tire off of the edge of the return road to let a Jr dragster by.....after I won a race in Farmington! Somebody stopped me, but had to get towed to the winner's circle!

-
Back