Opinion for putting in bucket seats

-

BenOwen

Reaction score
I picked up some cheap unidentified seats I thought I could use for my 73 duster.
I was hoping someone could identify them and for advice for what DIY bracketing I need to fix them to the floor.

I have tools including a welder if I need to make brackets. I didn't want to just start in before I heard advice from people who have done this before.

(The 73 duster originally came with bucket seats. I see divots in the floor pan where it looks like spacing for plymouth seats.)

20220228_170657.jpg

20220228_170713.jpg

This look like mid 70’s Ford seats.
Pinto or Mustang II

I did this in a 74 Duster but using Duster buckets. When you take out the bench seat you'll see 4 dimples that would have to be drilled out to install the Duster buckets. Do not use the bench seat hole. Measure the spacing on those dimples and then measure the stud spacing on the seats you have. If you want to use those seats you'll have to figure out where the seat goes and how you'll fit. They, Mopar, used a 4" square piece of metal for buckets at the stud mounts inside the car that were welded down.

I thought about putting buckets in Vixen, but the bench is just too cool.

I did this in a 74 Duster but using Duster buckets. When you take out the bench seat you'll see 4 dimples that would have to be drilled out to install the Duster buckets. Do not use the bench seat hole. Measure the spacing on those dimples and then measure the stud spacing on the seats you have. If you want to use those seats you'll have to figure out where the seat goes and how you'll fit. They, Mopar, used a 4" square piece of metal for buckets at the stud mounts inside the car that were welded down.
Thanks for the info Tony.

-
Back