Opioids...and things YOU NEVER SAY!!!

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
While back I was talking about a neighbor that had pancreatic cancer. Jim passed the beginning of November....and it has been a roller coaster ever since. Taylor, Jims wife, is fall prone. She has a pace maker. Has a few lung issues. And just does not understand that certain things are trigger phrases for things. She fell about 18 months prior to his passing. Jim would not let her go the doctor...was about 4 months after before he gave in. She has 3 cracked vertebrae. Got put on Opioids. She was going to the same place we are, just seeing a different doc. As many know I am very open about my mental health crap. Taylor is not. She has called and demanded that they call a script into the pharmacy for her narcotics. When they try too explain to her that does not happen anymore she just blows her top. Despite my wife telling her to never usea"chronic user" at the docs office she went in and demanded that they give her a script, she mentioned those 2 words. Was asked to leave. 2 days later she got a letter advising her that she needs to go else where. Well...she is out of narcotics. And can't get in to see her new doc until mid-April. So...being in quite a bit of pain went to the ER, demanding a script. Was told the best they could do was a shot...she blew up..."what the f*ck good is that going to do me at mid night when it wears off etc". ER asked her to leave.
Well....she called Ernie in tears last night. I don't know what I am going to do blah blah blah. She asked Ernie if she could call her old doc, who is the same doc we see when ours is on vacation, and try to get her a script. Ernie said that she would call....but being that she is not in Taylors chart as a person that can talk about Taylors medical stuff that it will go no where. Taylor started the pity party...Ernie said she would call. Soon as Ernie hung up she looked at me and said "that ain't happening". We feel really bad for her but at the same time our hands are tied...actually I don't feel bad for her. Ernie has told her several times that you do not say you are a chronic user, so Taylor has done this to herself.
Ernie told me this morning that she does not want to put our care in jeopardy in any way so Taylor is simply out of luck. I am on the same med as Taylor, it is actually the drug I am weaning off of. She stands 0% chance of getting the pills I am not using. Hell...I am looking SO forward to dropping them at the unwanted med box in the local hospital....those little bastards have been ruling my life for over a decade now...

Jus sayin but bein forced out of a doctor because of a word or two should NOT EVER ******* HAPPEN

Having said that, the doc I'm seein' now is through Kootenai Health. I doubt "that is the place to be" if I ever need serious pain meds, and I just might

-
Back