Options for 73 /6 904 flex plate

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
I have a 73 motor and trans and I bought a 904 BM six bolt zero balance flex plate thinking it would bolt up to my crank flange NO LUCK

My question is what are my options for flex plates? This is for my turbo build and I hoping to make around 450 to 500 hp at the crank with a 3200 stall and a rev manual vavle body 904 also I'm running 2.94 suregrip 8.75 rear

I'll have to get some measurements of the torque converter distance between the bolt mounts for the flex plate in the morning

Thanks Aaron

only one hole is off from the small block to the slant...

get it lined up for just the one offset bolt...

then die grind it out till its correct area for the bolt...

then weld in the old hole...

only choice for the slant...

Thanks kid that won't be a problem I did notice that I was only one hole off
This build is trying my patients and skill lol its going to be the death of me:banghead:
Thanks Aaron

I have a 73 motor and trans and I bought a 904 BM six bolt zero balance flex plate thinking it would bolt up to my crank flange NO LUCK

My question is what are my options for flex plates? This is for my turbo build and I hoping to make around 450 to 500 hp at the crank with a 3200 stall and a rev manual vavle body 904 also I'm running 2.94 suregrip 8.75 rear

I'll have to get some measurements of the torque converter distance between the bolt mounts for the flex plate in the morning

Thanks Aaron

Our engine /converter interface is a B & M 440? (neutral balance) flex plate that fit perfectly, but had one hole in the crankshaft pattern that didn't line up. Just one.

We moved that hole over with a vertical mill, and then it bolted up, no problem. It ain't purty, but it works...:cheers:

Nobody seems to make one for a slant six.... if I remember right... (and I usually don't.)

Thanks for the help kid and bill flex plate is all modified and ready to install
Aaron

Cool!

I have had an instance of a bolt that holds the flexplate to the converter backing out... just ONE. It backed out far enough that it was hitting something and making noise. I am sure I properly torqued it when it was installed... :sign6:

Just sayin'...

Bill when I first installed the four speed fly wheel bolts which were ARP I no for a fact I torqued them down and they backed out on me this time around loc tight blue is going to be used
The valiant is looking awesome you and Freddie should be proud keep up the good work
Aaron

Here how I did mine I bolted the stock flex plate to the new one and I drilled the needed hole
IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

The new hole is at the bottom of pic two

Here how I did mine I bolted the stock flex plate to the new one and I drilled the needed hole

Here's an interior shot of the seats... no seat belts/shoulder harness yet (bought, but not installed.)

Attachments

• frontseats.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 148
Bill when I first installed the four speed fly wheel bolts which were ARP I no for a fact I torqued them down and they backed out on me this time around loc tight blue is going to be used
The valiant is looking awesome you and Freddie should be proud keep up the good work
Aaron

should be using red on both the flywheel/flexplate bolts and the converter bolts...

i never had the crank bolts loosen but the converter bolts still come loose even with the red sometimes

I went with a TCI Converter on my last 2 builds,but I don't recall having a problem with holes lining up !! Damn,now you've got me thinking !! That step should be coming up fairly soon here for me !!:blob::blob:

Dennis the holes not lineing up is for the BM flex plate not the converter
Aaron
Correctomundo....
The slant 6 crankshaft has the flexplate (or, flywheel attaching holes) drilled in a pattern that is different from the V8. I'm sure this B & M flexplate bolts right up to a V8 crankshaft, but ONE of the (crankshaft, not converter) holes is in a different location on the /6. No biggie to move that one hole, but just one more time-wasting B.S. issue to deal with.

just for curiosity did you mount that flexplate in there and make sure it will clear everything?? looks pretty big in diameter...

just for curiosity did you mount that flexplate in there and make sure it will clear everything?? looks pretty big in diameter...

Kid I haven't yet but I'm off today and tomorrow so I planned on working on the toad alittle bit but I posted the same question on. Org and there was a couple members using the same flex plate actually its the same one Bill is running but with my like it wont fit :banghead:

Aaron

Kid I haven't yet but I'm off today and tomorrow so I planned on working on the toad alittle bit but I posted the same question on. Org and there was a couple members using the same flex plate actually its the same one Bill is running but with my luck it wont fit :banghead:

Aaron

It'll work... :cheers:

-
Back