Oregon Camshaft #2120 Info

-

dibbons

Reaction score
Although I built my first small block Mopar (273) fifty years ago at Hartnell College Auto Technology class, (Salinas, CA) I am consulting the small block build articles by KrazyKuda as a refresher course while assembling a 340. I did not see any mention in the articles regarding cylinder heads. Did I miss something?

Using a Harbor Freight dial indicator, I just checked one intake lobe and one exhaust lobe of the Oregon camshaft I have (Part #2120) temporarily installed while measuring for pushrod length (using factory 273 adjustable rockers with the hydraulic Lunati lifters). I came up with .294 intake and .315 exhaust which with 1.5 rockers works out to .441/.4725 lift. The specs posted on FABO are .438/.456. Just thought i would mention this. I only checked one lobe and only checked one time, so my measurements could be off a little. Might do some more checking later this month. Regards, Dibbons

P.S. KrazyKuda mail box is full.

IMG_0621.jpg

The intake is within a reasonable margin.
However, the exhaust seen away from specs.

We use Harbor Freight Dial Indicators and Calibers
are the well fine. In Stock there must be a high degree of
accuracy or you are bounced from teardown with no tolerance
period!

With camshaft installed, put the dial indicator directly on the lobe, set the dial to zero, rotated the camshaft and took the highest reading over and above the base circle of zero.

-
Back