Original equipment question

-

rkjjeep

Reaction score
I'm sorting through a very nice 1965 Barracuda I bought a couple months ago. I wasn't able to look at it before purchase but so far it's meeting/exceeding my expectations.

It's a 273 auto floor shift car. It came to me with a rebuilt 273 supposedly upgraded to commando specs (it has the correct 4 barrel intake and a 500CFM edelbroack carb on it), and power steering. It also had an aftermarket brake booster with a single pot master hanging on the end of it. My question - how do I know if the car came with power brakes? It did have the fender mounted reservoir. I reverted back to manual - I'm used to that on my 64 Sport Fury. Thanks.

Chrysler Historical used to have a website where you could order a copy of the punch card, and an overview of the vehicle based on the VIN. They had records on cars 1967 and older. I got it for my 66 Barracuda and it showed power steering and factory disc brakes as well as optional retractable seat belts, etc.

The website doesn't appear to be working but I did find some info. Maybe you could send a letter? When I got it back around 2013 it cost $45. Here's some info I found. Edit:. Just saw an email address in the screenshot. Try emailing them.

Screenshot_20190915-112243.png

Screenshot_20190915-112243.png

Screenshot_20190915-112137.png

It's a 273 auto floor shift car. It came to me with a rebuilt 273 supposedly upgraded to commando specs (it has the correct 4 barrel intake and a 500CFM edelbroack carb on it).

If it was upgraded to Commando specs it will have the domed pistons, a somewhat hotter cam and a dual point distributor. That fender mounted vacuum reservoir is a good indication it was equipped with OEM power brakes!

-
Back