Out with the old.... soon in with the new

-

B3422w5

Reaction score
Gonna miss this little 360. Served me well. Going in a buddy’s Scamp he is putting together.
First of the week finally gonna get under the hood painted( match the rest Of the car to complete the cosmetic part of the Dart).
Then, the new 418 goes in. Gonna paint the new motor entirely black. Have new NOS red Moroso valve covers i found on here to go on the engine, and am hoping to get a black carb from AED that has red boosters and red metering blocks to match..... just in case its a pooch i want it to look good

69E7AF5C-3735-484A-9F5F-81B4CB245D61.jpeg

Quick question:
How did you like the electric water pump action.

I’ve never used one but I’m an early A there is minimal fan clearance. Does it stick further forward than where the water pump (70-fwd) goes? Can I get a depth off the timing chain cover to the leading edge of the pump... what brand? Thank you in advance B3422w5

Quick question:
How did you like the electric water pump action.

I’ve never used one but I’m an early A there is minimal fan clearance. Does it stick further forward than where the water pump (70-fwd) goes? Can I get a depth off the timing chain cover to the leading edge of the pump... what brand? Thank you in advance B3422w5

the electric water pump is the Moroso billet unit. Works great. I run it along with a Derale 16116 electric fan, and together they work outstanding both street and strip.
Regards measurements, motor is out right now.
I have had that same Moroso pump on other A body builds and never had any clearance issues between the pump “ snout” and the radiator. Had all kinds of room on this one.

BTW, my little brother has an Early A( 66 Dart) and runs the stock radiator, Moroso water pump like mine, and aftermarket fan( unsure which one) with no clearance issues.

I’m just looking for the depth of the water pump where it mounts to the timing chain cover to the front face of the pump? I am curious it it sticks out less than the factory water pump. I will go to Moroso directly and check their web site.

I’m just looking for the depth of the water pump where it mounts to the timing chain cover to the front face of the pump? I am curious it it sticks out less than the factory water pump. I will go to Moroso directly and check their web site.

Ah.. sorry... I would bet the Moroso sticks out not as far.

I was wondering the same thing recently, the info I got from a guy who had one and was nice enough to measure. 4.375" from timing cover to the end of the motor.

I was wondering the same thing recently, the info I got from a guy who had one and was nice enough to measure. 4.375" from timing cover to the end of the motor.

thank you for that TurboGLH.
Where in CT?

thank you for that TurboGLH.
Where in CT?

I ended up building a short nose mechanical pump, uses a 70+ A/C water pump pulley, got me an additional 0.800 of clearance between the pulley and the fan.

I made a short post about it, requires some machining, but nothing too crazy. Take a look if you get a chance.

I'm in Enfield, up by the Mass state line.

I ended up building a short nose mechanical pump, uses a 70+ A/C water pump pulley, got me an additional 0.800 of clearance between the pulley and the fan.

I made a short post about it, requires some machining, but nothing too crazy. Take a look if you get a chance.

I'm in Enfield, up by the Mass state line.
Thank you,

I go thru Enfield all the time for work up 91.

the electric water pump is the Moroso billet unit. Works great. I run it along with a Derale 16116 electric fan, and together they work outstanding both street and strip.
I’m in the process of installing the billet Moroso pump, along with a Derale fan and shroud myself, just wondering if you’ve run any restrictors (5/8”, 3/4” or 1” or even custom sizing) or none at all and what temp differences have you seen?

I’m in the process of installing the billet Moroso pump, along with a Derale fan and shroud myself, just wondering if you’ve run any restrictors (5/8”, 3/4” or 1” or even custom sizing) or none at all and what temp differences have you seen?

just took the center guts out of a t stat for restriction

-
Back