overall stock height for a fastback

-

68cuda408

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've finally got my HDK front end in and a Control freak triangulated rear in . with the car at the desired ride height. With M&H 325/50/15's (rear) and M&H 185/75/15's (front) it sits 54.5 inches to the crown of the roof above the quarter window edge.I know it looks lowered but I'm not sure if it's an illusion due to the larger tires.Can anyone give me a baseline measurement? I purchased this car with a tube front end and no suspension or nose installed(on a dolly) installed (all separate). It was originally a v8/stick car. BTW many thanks to Denny...

Attachments

• 20140509_201008.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 20140511_160439.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 139
Well, with that many changes to the suspension, I don't think the stock height is relevant. There is certainly no way to measure the "ride height" using the factory procedure. And until you get all the weight back into the car (glass, interior, hood, drivetrain?), you don't know what the height is, anyway -- it will lower itself with every part you add. I would say, wait until it's all together and just set it up so it looks good to you. BTW, the 1967 Barracuda brochure lists the roof height of a V8 fastback at 53.4 inches. Remember, your tires will be a big factor, as well.

thanks,I never thought of looking at the brochure.I was curious in the difference over stock. At 6'1"(me) it sits really low (roof height).The 66 I had in the 80's seemed taller and the 68 coronet r/t I last had was definitely taller (even lowered)with an alterktion front and ss springs on the lowest box settings.As far as weight,right now I have simulators all around so the height it's at is where its being built towards.When the original owner took the complete front frame and inner fenders out and replaced them with 2x3 frames and factory k (with no support)I knew it was never going to be factory spec.

-
Back