Oversize valves?

-

DusterKrazy

Reaction score
What oversize valves have members run here? If I was to throw together a cheap fun engine, I was wondering what size valves could be used with a stock bore, if any??

There are no CHEAP oversize valve setups anymore, for the slant. Engine Builder was one supplier, for "drop in" pieces, but he retired. Also SI Valves, but they have discontinued them. Most slanters now, are going to the small stem metric valves, but that requires replacing the guides. Or you can get valves with the 3/8 stem, with the correct length, and have the head diameter cut down.

Big block Mopar exhaust valves are really close (for a slant intake). They are 1.74 dia, 3/8" stem, but about .100 longer. No matter what you substitute, you'll be lucky to find valves for under $10 each.

Thanks for the info. I forgot to mention that I already have a set of the 1.70/1.44's that I have had for years but wasn't sure if anyone was using them with stock bore. Just trying to see what setup I could get by with on the cheap with what I have. I had also heard of some using the 300 Ford Six valves.

I guess the plan was to run a stock bore/basic re-ring/new bearing type engine with a nice head on it. That's what I'm thinking so far anyways.

-
Back