Paint

-
Are you using enamel or base coat clear ? ether way should be more then enough

Mike, going to be base coat / clear coat. Took a ton of time to pick a color but decided to go with a Ford color from 2003.
Desert sky blue or (robin egg blue) code CZ. Any way it has a slight charcoal tint in it that I liked over the factory light blue of 1966 so.....going with it.

dsbside.jpg

It'll be enough, but you should order paint for the whole car at once.....unless you know a good painter who can tint the later paint you order.

Just because it has a code doesnt mean it's the same color.

It'll be enough, but you should order paint for the whole car at once.....unless you know a good painter who can tint the later paint you order.

Just because it has a code doesnt mean it's the same color.

I agree with you but due to my situation I didn't want to put out the clams at 350.00 a gallon. I figured I could get away with just doing the engine compartment. I'm moving to Michigan and have to get this done to get the drive train back in. I realize I may have a color match issue down the road but at this point in the game I'm willing to deal with it.

I get it, do what ya gotta do. Some don't realize that a paint code is just a number and are rarely a perfect color match

I get it, do what ya gotta do. Some don't realize that a paint code is just a number and are rarely a perfect color match
Yeah, I'm hoping I'll get by, I deal with the same thing in my line of work. I certify the Navy destroyers to shoot fire support for the marines. We stress they use the same powder lot throughout because there is so much difference between lots. It makes a big difference in ranging a target and consistancy of fall of shot on the firing line.

Yeah, I'm hoping I'll get by, I deal with the same thing in my line of work. I certify the Navy destroyers to shoot fire support for the marines. We stress they use the same powder lot throughout because there is so much difference between lots. It makes a big difference in ranging a target and consistancy of fall of shot on the firing line.

Yeah, sort of a bigger deal than a paint code:cheers:

-
Back