panty vac

-

daredevil

Reaction score
will a panty vac system work well with full exhaust or will back pressure kill its efficency

Why did I think this was going to be some kind of dirty thread when I clicked on it????:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I know, I was thinking this was something in seat cushions that sucked out bad farts.

???

ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 05 21.27.jpg

I think it's designed for headers, but not sure. Never put it on.......;-)

panty vac is a setup with baffled pickups in the valve covers connected to one way smog valves like chevys use threaded on bungs connected to the header collecters so that block pressure is sucked out by the exhaust instead of contaminating the intake charge thru a pcv valve. I am not sure if exhaust opens the valves with vacuum or the block pressure opens them. this is why i,m worried full exhaust might have more back pressure keeping it from working.

Here,s a pic of my kit..
Mr Gasket Crankcase Evacuation System
for drag race applications.
reduces pressure build-up for better piston ring seal,less intake charge contamination,and reduced oil leaks caused by high crankcase pressures
Improves engine performance.

Legal for sale or use on race vehicles which may never be used on highways.
car pics 66 Dart 152.jpg
Hope this helps!:cheers:

car pics 66 Dart 152.jpg

Ah ha! Never that term before. They don't pull any crankcase vacuum at idle or cruise but do at WFO. I'm pretty sure that they work best with open headers. They're pretty much a drag race only item. A regular PCV system shuts down at WFO but pulls at cruise and idle.

Hey Pete,ran by the shop today to pick up a gasket and mentioned your question.My friend said you should be o.k running full exhaust,I mentioned your stroker BB and figured that your running all manual(brakes,steering).Should be good to go,seein your not being robbed of vacuum.Good luck.:read2:

I've run one on my street car for years. Here's the jest of it. They work best with open headers.... They do work with an exhaust system but efficiency (and check valve life) are reduced the more restrictive the system gets. The more "free flowing" your system is the better they will work - and last. Run straight through mufflers - nothing baffled, and keep your tubing simple and as short as possible.
I run DynoMax Ultra Flos on my car with 3" tubes and while I've never measured it I have significant vacuum at the breather just at idle. The more back pressure your system has the less vacuum you will get - and the faster the check valves will deteriorate. I suggest checking the function of your check valves periodically by pulling the hose to the breather (or pulling the breather itself out of the valve cover) and putting you hand over the end with the car running. You should feel a steady vacuum. If you feel any pulsing or pressure the valves are shot and need replacing.

''Panty vac......not just for men anymore'' i thought i saw that on an infomercial once.

I run a " panty vac " with this 3 1/2 system below. I have also used full systems. Nedes flow to make it work as a jet valve system. But never and I mean never dump the exhaust in front of the rear tires. If you do keep your insurance paid up.

Attachments

• DSCF0151.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 179
-
Back