parting out: 68 barracuda 383-s 4 speed nice car black on black

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
well if it doesnt sell at 3995.00 without the front sheet metal its needs to be put out of its misery. one thing is for sure, this car has gotten more attention today than you could ever ask for. but some much better pics would help. there must be some reason it hasnt sold...

Sounds like he took the cream and wants to sell the scraps for top dollar. Its one thing to make a profit but if he didn't have plan to restore it should have sold it complete for a reasonable price to someone who would. From the looks its missing to much to mess with. I say let him scrap it and be done with.

Agreed time to scrap because missing what is missing it will never more than a body without original driveline.

so much brewing over this ride....im suprised its been this civil...if i had the means it would be in my yard right now.

Not me. I got too many POS's right now. I don't need another one. I don't like Cudas anyway. The only ones I can really tolerate are the 64 and 65. Other than that, none of the rest are even on my radar. Not even the E bodies.

Not me. I got too many POS's right now. I don't need another one. I don't like Cudas anyway. The only ones I can really tolerate are the 64 and 65. Other than that, none of the rest are even on my radar. Not even the E bodies.

i like the 1st and 2nd gen barracudas. the last thing i need is an E body. it would be in my yard only because its a big block car , but i wouldnt pay 5 grand for it either.

Numbers matching frame and rad support. What's original after the inners fenders with ID plate are replaced, a replacement motor and trans are installed...? I see these "numbers" cars that are nothing but rolling unibodies and cant understand what the draw is to them as there are no numbers left...Good luck, sell it as you see fit. Its like an organ doner: One doner can bring life to 5....

4K with no front clip? I think now we see why it hasn't sold. The owner is as crazy as a bedbug.

it was a fat finger misprint was all... thats why i changed it when i saw it later.. i will sell it for 3995.00 minus front sheet metal ... NO ON HAS SEEN CAR IN PERSON..got a deposit on it and guy has disappeared was sold for 7200.00..then had 10 other guys say they want it too NO MONEY YET... cash in hand gets it or parts...

I feel your pain.... I have a 69 Dart GTS H-code that I may just have to part out too....

For all the people bashing him on this car, or his plans to part it out. Get out and smell the coffee.... How many of us have waited for people to show up on a add or say they will call back the next day to make plans to come out and... NOTHING!!!
Price is relative to going out and looking at the car and making a cash offer in person!!! I hate people that ask what's your bottom dollar before they even see the car. When that question is asked that usually tells me your wasting my time. Get your *** over there and if you want it then talk turkey....
ALso the excuse of "too bad Its not on this side of the country" is BS too... In the scope of what it cost to restore, $1200 give or take in shipping is not the problem. Not having the money to buy the car in the first place is really the problem.... So don't bash him if you don't have the money to buy it and commit to a project like that. It's a rare car and at 5k plus shipping your still ahead. It's a shame to see it parted out but it's been avalible for over a year and he said nobody has come out to even look at it.
PS... and spend some money for a round trip plane ticket and go deal in person. IMO

I feel your pain.... I have a 69 Dart GTS H-code that I may just have to part out too....

For all the people bashing him on this car, or his plans to part it out. Get out and smell the coffee.... How many of us have waited for people to show up on a add or say they will call back the next day to make plans to come out and... NOTHING!!!
Price is relative to going out and looking at the car and making a cash offer in person!!! I hate people that ask what's your bottom dollar before they even see the car. When that question is asked that usually tells me your wasting my time. Get your *** over there and if you want it then talk turkey....
ALso the excuse of "too bad Its not on this side of the country" is BS too... In the scope of what it cost to restore, $1200 give or take in shipping is not the problem. Not having the money to buy the car in the first place is really the problem.... So don't bash him if you don't have the money to buy it and commit to a project like that. It's a rare car and at 5k plus shipping your still ahead. It's a shame to see it parted out but it's been avalible for over a year and he said nobody has come out to even look at it.
PS... and spend some money for a round trip plane ticket and go deal in person. IMO

NAILED IT! EXACTLY 100% correct!

While I agree with most of what you said. Especially getting out and looking at a car before asking what the bottom dollar is or making an offer.

IMO A car like this is not so rare when it is missing more parts than it has included. What made this car special was the factory motor, trans and original equipment used for the installation. If you could be money ahead by buying it the car would have sold already. Hell I would of bought it LOL... I have a little history with 383 Barracudas

Attachments

• 3kc3m63ob5O35T65Rca2m789454f6ea8c169a.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 408
I hope that the car gets purchased by someone to fix. If I wasn't saving for a garage, I would be interested in the car.

I have dealt with Dan several times in the past. He is a good guy.

Thanks,
Craig

I agree with the additional picture request. If it's been for sale for a year now, why hasn't the seller taken pics of every aspect of the car to validate his asking price. Heck, I do that with a $2500.00 daily driver. It's not like he hasn't had the time!! Geof

Maybe doesn't want everyone to see just how rough this car is.

Could be...there's no reason to be frustrated about no interested parties if you can't be bothered to take a few easy pics, unless there's something to hide. Maybe he got burned on a car with hidden major problems, and is holding out for that sucker that will send a cashiers check sight-unseen.

I guess I'm on the fence now...

book.gif
Re: Hurry Toronto boys-good deal on 'Cuda [Re: hemidart1]
#7205018 - 13/05/12 07:42 PM Reply Quote
there will be no hurry needed for that one...

--------------------
www.sixpackfuryregistry.com

The sellers response on another forum , to a local car for sale here. Now the pics in this ad were no better or no worse than his, but obviously, a pre-determined idea of this cars value. So what makes his a must buy? a must save?

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7205009&an=0&page=0#Post7205009

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back