Parts Identification help

-

67charger383

Reaction score
Bought a parts lot at the Mason Dixon dragway Mopar show today.
Can I get some help identifying parts/ info on them?

First is this MSD distributor, PN comes back as a 340 Pro Billet but it is an older style MSD Billet and is clearly not for a Mopar because of the oil pump gear.
vtdgtomfvlf-9dulcrif83peefb4dtowdew9n90p4yyfcpm293c5b7bm6msfx0ee61n-w1264-h948-no-authuser-0-jpg.jpg

Next is this Jesel Belt drive, the guy told me it can be used on any B/RB/HEMI engine with a different timing cover. According to him it was on a HEMI that used a BBC oil pan, it is marked "PHOENIX BLOCK". I did check and this seems to be true because the top of the cover's mounting holes lined up with my 383 block. I ran the PN on one of the spare belts and it came back as 'Raised Deck BBC", maybe the special HEMI block had a raised cam bore and uses a raised deck BBC belt? The gears lined up and seem to fit a regular B/RB/HEMI.
fmqtgnusoiecr_olg7rzgt7sefcbptrm-rr-fkmajla6br6bfuhkb5tfjgyto6bzkayv-w712-h948-no-authuser-0-jpg.jpg

ea0fyz9i6jbmu4n1-y08lvb3xbphmxvikvy2c3ob2sxmk5k1d0zg3rvu-h0hamllp6iq-w712-h948-no-authuser-0-jpg.jpg

Small block Ford's had gear on shaft like that. Hex shaft fit into end to drive oil pump

Most Nascar modifies have dry sump with a battery. Sprint cars use magnetos. To use that distributor you will need to run a battery. Small world for that application due to Mopars being out of that loop now in the roundy round world where dry sumps are used. but that is a great price . Perfect for a wheel stand competition car. No pan to smash. Or a custom build street rod.

-
Back