"Pass Time" Electric Pick-Up

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Anyone see the episode of "Pass Time" with the drag pick-up driven by the electric motor?

That thing was absolutely outrageous............I'd like more info, or even to find this guy and get the details on his tech...........

Anyone have any info? :read2:

I've been checkin' out some sites and found the S-10....just contacted the owner, Dennis Berube.........asked for tech sheets..we'll see what develops.

I think an A-Body would be perfectly suited for a project like this........Lots of old 6 banger cars just waitin' for a "speedy recovery", so to speak........

I'm really intrigued by all this amperage and immediate torque.........

Gotta go to the drawin' table......... :read2: :toothy10::toothy10:

I can see the future now. Everyone on the site is discussing "how to rewind their armature" or "what gauge wire did you use in your rewind", or something about stacking battery packs.....

I saw an episode the other day that had a rail dragster that ran on batteries. I think it ran like an 7-8 sec 1/4.

I'm pretty sure the same guy built the dragster........Dennis Berube......They actually have a class for those now....all electrics.......

I went to one of the links posted in this thread and there's an electric PINTO draggin' in Canada!!.............Thinks he'll be in the 12's soon with some tweakin'.............

.................This is too much information too fast.......headache.........a stinkin' Pinto..........:angry7:

-
Back