passion performance 5 speed

-
its on mopars right now with jamie answering questions. by the time the smoke clears you are going to be close to 5g or 1000 per gear.lol

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6330693&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

6331268-PB120280%28Large%29.JPG

Looks to be about 4300 bucks. Available in the late spring.....

its on mopars right now with jamie answering questions. by the time the smoke clears you are going to be close to 5g or 1000 per gear.lol

I'd still buy it for 5g's. A 5 speed the bolts in so I don't have to cut the floor of my 1 of 586 360 4 speed Duster would be worth that to me.

Not sure how I will raise the money, but I think I might need to. :toothy10:

And if you are starting out with no stick shift parts price will run up to 7k in a heart beat....

18 spline and a gearvendors.

whats the OD ratio on the GV? don't think its anywhere near what the 5 speed is. thats still what 2500? whats a hemi box gonna cost ya? then the GV price on top of that. not cheap either.

For guys that really want a true 5 speed swap that works, this is a great piece and fairly priced. Jammie is top notch, and I'm sure this will a well made trans. There are ZERO straight bolt in trans swaps out there, so he's definetely got a winner. Keep in mind a gear vendor unit still needs tunnel mods, is 2500 by itself and only has 18% OD. Couple that a driveshaft if you already have a 4 speed, and it gets expensive in a hurry. Also keep in mind the 833 OD units too.

Even if it is expensive, its nice to know we have the option. If you start saving now it could be yours one day.

Wow!

Currently have 440 + 727. If I switch to this transmission the driveshaft length would be: shorter - longer - or the same?

IMO, this is a good deal. Here's a comparison to give you an idea...

Brewer's 18 spline rebuilt trans is $1,995.00; Shifter and linkage (no shifter handle) $449.95; total: $2444.95

Passon 5-speed with shifter and linkage (accepts your current shifter handle) $4295.00

Price difference is $1850.05

If you take into consideration that now you won't need to maintain and swap between two sets of gears for your 8 3/4, that difference in price is even less. It's $500-$750 for additional gear set (if your lucky) plus you can sell you current 4-speed ($250 - $1000, depending on condition). Now the cost of the additional gear and a "new" trans is only ~$100 to $1100!

And the best part...AMERICAN MADE BABY!

For those who thinks this new 5 speed is too expensive blame your government. I'm not talking about President Obama either. The trade, manufacturing, & importation policies were in place long before. Greedy *** politicians who only see dollar signs have sold out America! To hell with the big picture of America's longevity. Go into your living rooms, bedrooms, offices & take a look at the TV, computer, stereos. What brands are they. Look at the amount of import vehicles on our roads today. More than American. How can that be? You will only find that here. Forgive me for venting but that pisses me off!

Passion Performance transmission? Sounds like the thing is gonna hump your leg.

looks pretty neat...id buy one...just gotta save, couple hundred a month...eventually ull have the cash, a nice new powerful overdrive transmission, that bolts right in....buy one now or soon, before the price goes up ..(if it will) anyways, nice piece...i definitely want one...

-
Back