-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boneswell

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I've got a Passon 4-speed I got with roughly 1/2 mile on it. It came with a car I bought so I installed it, drove around the block and decided to go with a TKX. (I actually made a post about it last year because I was having trouble with it spinning and shifting but it ended up being nothing). Comes with rods and shifter but could use a bushing kit for the rods. I think $2500 + shipping (if you twist my arm) is more than fair considering it will cost you almost $4,000 delivered and probably take a year or more to get. Also, it was shipped directly to me, from Passon, so I know for a fact what it is and where it came from. It didn't just "come with a car".

Full disclosure: I had to snip 3/16" off the input shaft because of how my crank was drilled. I regret it because I'm not using the transmission. I figure the heavy price reduction makes it not a big deal.

I would prefer to not ship it but I will for the right price. I would be willing to meet somebody maybe within around 100 mi of Seattle 98117.

PXL_20230214_175426676.jpg

I opened it up, dumped some oil in it, wiggled the shift forks around and everything ended up being fine. Those two detent balls were replaced because I didn't like the way they looked even though they may have been fine. Some kid at UPS probably chucked it in the van too hard. My TKX was the same way and they actually have a service bulletin regarding such and how to fix it.

I'm not trying to be rude or dismissive of your questions. There was literally nothing wrong with the transmission. The unit gets shipped dry and there was just enough friction to keep it from moving. Even after I put oil in, with the side cover off, it wasn't moving. I spoke to a couple of experts and it turns out I just needed to try a little harder. A little shimmy and a shake and it was all free and it operates perfect, just as you would expect from the guy that literally wrote the book.
As I mentioned, my tremec did nearly the same thing and they gave me a simple fix.
That reminds me, I almost considered making a nice thorough post about installing a TKX in my early A but I can't handle the FABO abuse

PXL_20230116_220138194.jpg

PXL_20230116_220227528.jpg

I'm moving and I have a mountain of parts to get rid of. It's a fine trans but it's priced to sell.
My attitude is fine. I can ask whatever I want for stupid car parts and I happen to be asking a fair price. I know, it makes me a horrible person but it's true.
You see, I don't have to explain to you that I installed it as a promise to my brother before he died of cancer, whom I bought the whole project from. I put it in, drove around the block and pulled it out for the tkx. Promise delivered. Unless you wave cash in my face, no more for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK fellas! No comments on sale threads and what is going on here is exactly why there is that rule.

To anyone interested in this transmission I would suggest you see it in person, check it out internally, and do your homework before you buy.

Is there still some kind of warranty on this thru Passion? Thanks. Kim
I believe it might be outside of that timeframe. I just assume that since I'm not the original purchaser, I'm not entitled to a warranty.

I know Jamie from Passon Performance quite well. Been to his shop many times. Quality guy and produces great builds. I recently purchased a five speed transmission from him. Waiting to get it installed. The prices on everything has skyrocketed. That four speed transmission may be more than $4000.00 now. $2500.00 for this unit is a steel. Wish I needed it!
Currently priced at 3595 I think. I also think this transmission would be well suited for a big block or a 3rd gen hemi swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back