Passon 5-speed

-
I believe I am number 20 on the list and I'm still waiting to hear.I talked to Jaimie just before Christmas and not done yet. No problem, my car doesn't have paint yet.

Jamie said that he has over 360 on the list. That's darn good for sales of one item. He didn't tell me what number he was working right now.

Bill

383SE please keep us posted. Pictures would be awesome too! I think I'm at #182 but he said he probably won't have the speedometer setup ready for the early A by the time he gets to #182 anyway. Bummer.....

I ordered one from the Canadian distributor for Jamie in September 2012 and provided a 50% deposit, I was told in December 2013 that mine was built and crated and would be shipped possibly before the end of the year then got an email last week that there has been an issue with a potential leak in either the front seal or possibly a porous casting on the front and shipping on the built units will be delayed until the issue has been tested and rectified. I will say I am somewhat frustrated by this but I understand that a new product like this may have some issues that may need to be worked out and certainly applaud Jamie for soldiering on with this much needed product. I would rather the issues be corrected now than discovered once its in the car. I was never given what my order number was so I cant help you guys out with where he is in production but will update when I see it. You cant rush perfection!

talked to Jamie today and was told that orders placed now would not be delivered till the end of 2014 or early 2015.I did put my name on the list and hope to be able to do the swap when the time comes.I hope it is worth the wait!!

6 speed swap! You'd be shifting gears already, just sayin.

Not yet, I'm #18. I'll be ready when he says the word and will update both here and on Moparts. I too would rather wait than have an issue.

Well I got mine 2 weeks ago and have it installed. Its a bit tight in an early a body on the right side at the torsion bar cross member due to the speedo cable coming out of the new unit at that location, not a big deal a couple of minutes with a hammer and dolly and that was solved.I have a bit of a problem with the shifter and have another one being shipped up so I haven't had it on the road yet but hope to by this weekend. All in all it looks like a great, well engineered and well built product. I will try to get some pictures up soon, been a little to busy to get on that but will when I get time..

Care to tell us the problem with the shifter???? and bringing out a hammer & dolly on a unit the is sold and advertised as a bolt in product????? NOT dissing the product but the public has waited a LONG time for this release and we were told it was because of testing--Thanks Steve oh what number were you on the list????

6 speed swap! You'd be shifting gears already, just sayin.

And having to cut up your crossmember/floor pan to make it fit, if it was one of the models strong enough to handle the 500+ lb-ft that most of our souped-up Mopar engines make. Also the gear ratio spread on the A-855 is actually better than most of the Tremec's if that's what you're referring to (those things have wide gear spread), not the best for road racing or the drag strip.

Most of all I someday intend to buy one because it supports a legit small business dedicated to Mopars ONLY... Tremec has OEM contracts with everyone they don't need my money ha.

Not yet, I'm #18. I'll be ready when he says the word and will update both here and on Moparts. I too would rather wait than have an issue.

Talked to Jamie this morning. These guys are on it. Between making countless gear clusters, machining case after case, doing quality control on each bit and piece, plus trying to live from day to day with wives and children.....they are still working hard to get them out, and there are a lot of them on order already.

My check has been cashed, the die is cast and soon my 5 speed no-cut-your-car-up transmission from JAMIE PASSON will be here! That's all I have to report. It's worth the wait.

Its all good!

Cross

Care to tell us the problem with the shifter???? and bringing out a hammer & dolly on a unit the is sold and advertised as a bolt in product????? NOT dissing the product but the public has waited a LONG time for this release and we were told it was because of testing--Thanks Steve oh what number were you on the list????
Number one yes you are.
Two the adapter for the early a-bodys are not out yet. Thus the need for the hammer and dolly.try post 105.
The time, money and effort put out by him and his people on our behalf{ the mopar general public} deserves our utmost respect. I am patiently waiting for my trans as well.

My check has been cashed, the die is cast and soon my 5 speed no-cut-your-car-up transmission from JAMIE PASSON will be here! That's all I have to report. It's worth the wait.

Its all good!

Cross

Don't mean to piss in your lucky charms, you still gotta cut the pan for the hole.

I talked to Jamie about ordering last week. My car is a 69 swinger four speed 340. He was asking if my shifter handle was to be bolt in or press fit. Now I would like to do a pistol grip, but for now it is just a stock hurst, which is supposedly press fit. Jamie said I need a 71-74 B-body pistol grip which is a bolt in. Would I be able to switch back to the stock shifter if need be? I guess I'm looking for some clarification on the significance of the press fit or bolt in handle. Thanks

bdusted440-Where did that come from????? this is a public forum and I asked a question??? I have spent thousands with Jamie and haven't dissed him,If a problem arises with these it SHOULD be put out and answered,What favor is he doing for us????? He owns a business and sells a product just like I do,Just remember after these orders are filled he will be in the two million dollar range of gross income !!!!!! Yes he stuck his neck out but that's what businesses do EVERY DAY and he will get his reward for his effort BUT he's NOT doing anyone a favor if so he would put them out for NO profit and cover his costs,Which my friend is NOT going to happen nor should it,Don't come on a public forum and tear people apart for asking questions on a product--GROW UP--Thanks Steve

bdusted440-where did that come from????? This is a public forum and i asked a question??? I have spent thousands with jamie and haven't dissed him,if a problem arises with these it should be put out and answered,what favor is he doing for us????? He owns a business and sells a product just like i do,just remember after these orders are filled he will be in the two million dollar range of gross income !!!!!! Yes he stuck his neck out but that's what businesses do every day and he will get his reward for his effort but he's not doing anyone a favor if so he would put them out for no profit and cover his costs,which my friend is not going to happen nor should it,don't come on a public forum and tear people apart for asking questions on a product--grow up--thanks steve

+1

Has anyone received a A855 transmission, got a phone call to send money or any other update on the production of these things?

I'm number 18 on the list., and I sent my check. I got a call from Jamie Yesterday morning (Saturday 5/17/14). He says he has my trans and shifter are all boxed up and ready for the ride out to California.

It's going in a 1970 'Cuda with a 700 hp stroked RB. I will have to pull my clutch out and send it to McLeod to be freshened up. My stock A-833 decided to leak a bit of gear oil near the front somewhere. The pressure plate looks dry, but oil is lightly coated on the inside of the scatter shield and it leaves some drips on the floor from time to time. I hate leakers!

The car has 3.54's now, but will be getting a fresh set of Spicer 3.73's soon.

Attachments

• IMG_3562 (Large).jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 473
Got mine in November. I was # 4 on the list

and then

I'm number 18 on the list., and I sent my check. I got a call from Jamie Yesterday morning (Saturday 5/17/14). He says he has my trans and shifter are all boxed up and ready for the ride out to California.

It's going in a 1970 'Cuda with a 700 hp stroked RB. I will have to pull my clutch out and send it to McLeod to be freshened up. My stock A-833 decided to leak a bit of gear oil near the front somewhere. The pressure plate looks dry, but oil is lightly coated on the inside of the scatter shield and it leaves some drips on the floor from time to time. I hate leakers!

The car has 3.54's now, but will be getting a fresh set of Spicer 3.73's soon.

so 14 transmissions in 7 months? getting about 2 out per month?

-
Back