Passon performance 5 speed

-

woody30

woody30
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody use one of these. I have a 4 speed set up but man that 5th gear with .7 final is awesome. 3:91's equal 2:74's in 5th gear. Best of both worlds. Comments????

I think it is a sweet deal. To find more related to this thread post at the bottom of this page you will find similar threads. I want one for myself real bad.

Has anybody on the forum got an A855 from Passon Performance yet? I know there are about a half a dozen posts on other forums of folks who have received one.

Mine was to arrive today but never did maybe Monday, ordered in 2012. 4:30 gears and a 5 speed, should be fun!

Mine was to arrive today but never did maybe Monday, ordered in 2012. 4:30 gears and a 5 speed, should be fun!

Do you know what number you were on the list? Is it for your 66? Please post some photos when it arives and you install it.

I don't know what number I am on the total list but was told I was 8-10 on the Canadian list, I know that as of this past Monday that 5 of the Canadian orders have been delivered. I will post some photos for sure.

I don't know what number I am on the total list but was told I was 8-10 on the Canadian list, I know that as of this past Monday that 5 of the Canadian orders have been delivered. I will post some photos for sure.

Did Jamie get the speedometr adapter covered for the early a cars?

Just so you know if your not on the list your looking at end of year to beginning of next to get one, I just got on the list about 370 orders in front of me. I will have to have my new clutch resplined when the time comes.

Yep-just talked to Jamie,He has 341 on order so it will be a long wait till they are available to the general public,Do the math boys-that's more than 1.5 million in sales just waiting to be filled !!!!!!!!!!! Steve

Yep-just talked to Jamie,He has 341 on order so it will be a long wait till they are available to the general public,Do the math boys-that's more than 1.5 million in sales just waiting to be filled !!!!!!!!!!! Steve

I guess, then, another way to look at it is that a lot of good used 4 speeds should flood the market.

The Passon A-855 is $4495.00 which includes the speedo cable and shifter. I talked to Jamie today and he's redoing his process so production will be very slow for a while but once he get's the new process in place he thinks it will allow him to put out a lot of units faster. I'm 182 on the list and my wait will be approx. nine months from now.

The wait is fine, because me and my wife have a small business and its hard to get capital to fill huge orders. These days u cant make something from nothing. U need money to make money and I know that they don't want to out source the product bevause they want their quality to still be top notch. Good for passion hope u can get the funds to get the proper amount of people to help fill orders. I think a good product is well waiting for and I've her nothing but good on how the 5 speed is.

Agreed. Jamie is a straight shooter and the guy who can be counted on to produce an A+ product. The wait is a bit difficult but will be worth it once an A855 is in hand because it will be just what he says it will be.

Does anybody have any news on the 5 spd at all? Jamie was supposed to have gone into a different form of production and satsfied the first 150, or so, orders several months ago but in this case I'm thinkin' no news isn't good news.

From what he said to me a while ago was the new parts that he was getting for the next run he was not happy with. Its bin back in forth with the manufacturers. I think that he is a small guy compared to other companies ordering tens of thousands parts that he has to wait for the next run on parts. If he has issue and needs to send the part back then he stuck in line again waiting and I think this happens repeatedly over and over. I actually think he has tried other manufacturers and gets the same result. A lot of parts go in to making this Trany. It is frustrating for us, just think of the tens of thousands of dollars he has invested in this and how frustrating it is for him. He only wants to put the best parts into his transmissions. Hopefully he has this worked out and he is moving forward.

-
Back