Persision Performance Shifter

-

71Duster

Reaction score
THinking of changing my shifter in my 727 71 Duster. Currently have a Hurst promatic 2 but adjusting it sucked and the plate on the side with headers makes access tough.

I've seen pics of a cheetah scs which is one possibility the other from a cool stand point and some praise I've heard was the PPP but I dont see any install pics from it at the trans.

Can anyone help out?

I don't have a pic at the trans, but I can tell you that it's much easier than any other shifter (fit/function/adjustment) as the shifter is a rear cable exit. Unlike most others that are only front cable exit (from the shifter). With the PPP and the rear exit, the cable makes a smooth transistion down and forward, instead of going down, back, and then forward again towards the trans with a front cable exit style shifter.

The brackets provided with the PPP fit very well. The quality of the PPP stuff is the best in the aftermarket in my opinion.

We are a dealer for them, and if I can help out with any other questions, let me know ..

Moparts has several pics of PPP shifters, do a search there....
I myslef want to purchase a PPP shifter too, however you can choose either front or rear exit...BUT, if you have a reverse manual valve body. and want rear exit, then you're pulling the shifter to upshift (seems very unnatural to me). If you want to slam the shifter forward for an upshift, you must go with forward exit cable.
food for thought that the dealers never told me until after the fact....

Did a few searches on Moparts with no luck

How does it attach at the trans? Thats where the Cheetah looks really good.

I don't have a pic at the trans, but I can tell you that it's much easier than any other shifter (fit/function/adjustment) as the shifter is a rear cable exit. Unlike most others that are only front cable exit (from the shifter). With the PPP and the rear exit, the cable makes a smooth transistion down and forward, instead of going down, back, and then forward again towards the trans with a front cable exit style shifter.

The brackets provided with the PPP fit very well. The quality of the PPP stuff is the best in the aftermarket in my opinion.

We are a dealer for them, and if I can help out with any other questions, let me know ..

Your PM box is full, I sent you an email through your site to check pricing on one of the shifters.

if it goes around back of the trans maybe it attaches like the turbo action shifter.

i'm running the cheetah scs in my dart and boy does it work smooth. cable routing is very nice too. doesn't clog up the front of the trans with the bracket and all.

shifterinstall166.jpg

is this the only style shifter that PPS makes? i'm sure it works good but damn is that thing gaudy looking.

ks1_small.jpg

Thanks for the pic Joe, I've been wondering what the Cheetah looked like at the trans.
The PPP shifter looks like a stout piece but with the cost involved in getting everything you need together for it, it gets a little on the high side. I'm thinking seriously about going back to a 4 speed!

is this the only style shifter that PPS makes? i'm sure it works good but damn is that thing gaudy looking.

ks1_small.jpg
I like they way they look, and most importantly function. You'll see this shifter in most super stock, stock, and comp. eliminator cars. They are more expensive than the other brands after it's all said and done (cable, brackets, lever, etc).

They offer the kiwk shift I and kwik shift II. They are similar in design but the ks II is considered the economy model. Many options with the shifters. Built in trans-brake switch, and neutral safety switch.

We put the kwik shift I in the duster we built for the leadfoot rally last year. It was my display unit, and we were running out of time, so we decided to put it in the car at the last minute. Folks joke that the shifter is worth more than the car .. :toothy10:

DSCN1049.jpg

I like they way they look, and most importantly function. You'll see this shifter in most super stock, stock, and comp. eliminator cars. They are more expensive than the other brands after it's all said and done (cable, brackets, lever, etc).

They offer the kiwk shift I and kwik shift II. They are similar in design but the ks II is considered the economy model. Many options with the shifters. Built in trans-brake switch, and neutral safety switch.

We put the kwik shift I in the duster we built for the leadfoot rally last year. It was my display unit, and we were running out of time, so we decided to put it in the car at the last minute. Folks joke that the shifter is worth more than the car .. :toothy10:

DSCN1049.jpg
had a cheetah shifter before loved it have b&m prostick now cheetah was nicer to use everyday

-
Back