Petronix 3 electronic ignition

-

74 dart sport

Kameron
Reaction score
I have a petronix 3 coil and the petronix 3 ignition module in the distributor (distributor is set up). For the electronic ignition, would i have to install any other electrical boxes or wiring? It already has a new wiring harness for a v8. What I am trying to ask is if anything extra is needed for the electronic ignition besides the module and coil?

Car is a 74 dart sport intitially with a 225 but now with a 318 from a '67 charger.

Also, with the petronix 3, does the old ecu need to be bypassed? Or does nothing need to be changed
What needs to be connected and set up for it to run? Right now, only wiring harness and alternator are set up

I run a Pertronix 3 in a distributor on my rebuilt 340 motor. You only need to make a straight connect to a full 12 volts to make it work, take the ballast and ecu out of the equation. It works great and has the built in rev limiter.

Didn't it come w/ a manual? Don't install a Mopar ECU (just leave that connector hanging). The Pertronix III is an ECU. Like the Pertronix II, it is equivalent to a GM HEI module, needing no ballast. The III adds multi-spark (like an MSD box), and I recall a rev limiter.

-
Back