Petty enterprises pro stock duster

-
All that bondo. I remember that era well. I'll admit, there were a lot of people who were real craftsmen with it. Whether you like it or not. I've seen lot of cool things done with it.

Very cool car. Love vintage drag cars. Please keep sharing..

hey Ron....most know this race car started with Roy Hill.....where did it go from there?

hey Ron....most know this race car started with Roy Hill.....where did it go from there?
Harold Dutton then west coast. Then Michigan. Then AZ. Then back to pettys garage. I sold them all the engine parts from all my petty hemi stuff. Then I bought from pettys
62B565A5-F977-49BC-A096-784D29C6FC30.jpeg

thanks....sounds like you have had tabs on it all along, I notice in the picture above the drip rails are not filled with bondo.... yet

thanks....sounds like you have had tabs on it all along, I notice in the picture above the drip rails are not filled with bondo.... yet
Yeah man. Key word being yet. A guy in California did that. That’s cure all on west coast. Mud it up shoot it ship it.

I own the National Nostalgia Pro Stock Association. I have several pro stocks and keep track of them the dart in this pic is a friends from Canada. Unless he sells it to me. ATTACH=full]1715699479[/ATTACH]

A4801086-DD88-448E-AC96-721FC7C0659D.jpeg

I own the National Nostalgia Pro Stock Association. I have several pro stocks and keep track of them the dart in this pic is a friends from Canada. Unless he sells it to me. ATTACH=full]1715699479[/ATTACH]

View attachment 1715699479
Pretty sure I know the owner of that Hemi Dart, he also owns an in violet 70 Hemicuda.

Yes going back as raced. It’s the first full chassis pro stock. Only pro stock ever built by nascar team. First of its kind for many things.
Very cool indeed! Silly question: Does the roll cage have a peace sign welded to it behind the drivers seat? Are you doing any documentation of the car as far as how each area of the car was constructed by the Pettys. Sure would be interesting reading on all that.

I’m fortunate to have seen Roy’s car up close back when he raced it. Roy actually came over to talk to me about my 64 Max Wedge plymouth the nite he was racing. Still cool thinking about that after all these years. Roy Hill talking to a little nobody!

-
Back