Pics of 68 and 69 cuda hook latches

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am trying to help a member out and I am trying to decipher the difference in hood latch hooks. My parts manual shows 68 barracuda as part #2862379 and 69 barracuda as 2935517, what is the difference? I have included pics of some that I have, but not sure what year they are...Post your pics and info..

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF5409 (Medium).jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCF5410 (Medium).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCF5412 (Medium).jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 142
Have mine off the car ill run out and take a picture of it for you

PA310851.jpg

PA310850.jpg

PA310849.jpg

PA310848.jpg

Thanks XL much appreciated!! Ok anyone with a 69 hook so me and a few others can see the difference??

Yep, does look the same, but the part #'s are different, so there must be a difference. Im trying to help a member out and I dont want to sell them the wrong one.
Thanks

I would think that there is a difference, albeit a small one, the front valence and hood are different for '69 because the lines changed, however I can't imagine a part with as much slop in it as the catch latch couldn't be used on all 3 years. Unless he's doing a nut and bolting resto I don't see it mattering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=230647284079

It looks more rounded while the '68 is angular, however dimensions, mounting, and catching portion look close enough to work with any year given the amount of slop. Just my 2c

On another note, the one in your pictures on the right is deffinitly a 68, the one on the left id be willing to bet dollars to donuts is the ones hes looking for.

Ok, well I think I got it figured out, thanks to all that posted here.
Here are some more pics I took tonight. You can see that the one on the left has a somewhat of a flat spot by my finger..sorry for the crummy pic. This matches xlexl's pic and his is a 68. The one on the right is I believe to be 69 and it matches 69fastbackfish ebay reference. You can see the subtle differences when placed side by side. There is a diff in the measurement of the hook itself. 68 is approx 1 1/2 and 69 is almost 1 3/4".

xlexl, I think you are right, the subtle changes in the hood, header panel would make the difference.

Thanks
4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF5446 (Medium).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF5452 (Medium).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 87
-
Back