Pics of the flying Green Brick 69 Valiant

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
Searched a lot on internet and didnt find much pics of the car , any good overall pic , no pics of the interior or the engine beside 1 or 2 , since im a big fan of the brick and starting my 69 valiant soon i was wondering if you guys have more pics hiden somewhere or magasine articles , ps : nobody know what happened to the car and the owner ? Thank you

Thinking that the car belongs to Rick Ehrenberg of Mopar Action magazine, but could be confusing him with someone else.

Really? I search Green Brick Valiant and get covered up with pictures of it.

I know it's been through more than one incarnation. It was originally a dark green I think and later got shot like close to sublime. At least I believe that's the same car.

Lots of information also on the Red Brick. It was built for/by Tim Werner with Andy F. Also owned by a couple of friends of mine since Tim sold it.

This one is fairly recent.
IMG_20220320_221257.jpg

So is this.
IMG_20220320_221305.jpg

That it is. It's Shannon Hudson's. He is the owner/ operator of Redline Gaugeworks. I believe he has finally got his 3.6 sorted out in it.

Pretty sure Shannon’s car isn’t Ehrenberg’s Green Brick. Some similarities, but different cars.

This is a different car I believe

Ya...sez so right on the title page;

Shannon Hudson’s Valiant, the result is a corner-carving shoebox built along the same vein as the well-known Green Brick

Pretty sure Shannon’s car isn’t Ehrenberg’s Green Brick. Some similarities, but different cars.

Exactly. I think Ebooger's car is F8 with a flat hood and Shannons car is Sublime with a Six Pack hood. Ehrenburg still owns the Green Brick up in NY and Shannon is in the LA area.

9245003E-3E20-4245-8EC2-E59590263B60.png
Here is a great foundation for your own brick

What I managed to forget to add was "kind of loosely based on or inspired by the Brick".
Old age and those damned squirrels!

its not nearly as aggressive as the Green Brick.

The Tim Werner built “red brick” might be considered more aggressive than the green brick.

I first recall seeing the car in a High Performance Mopar magazine article in early 88 titled "Running 13.1's in a no nitrous 340 Valiant" or something like that. Supposedly a street beater owned by Marvin Mopar or some such. Probably a BS name. This was before Mopar Action went into print.

I first recall seeing the car in a High Performance Mopar magazine article in early 88 titled "Running 13.1's in a no nitrous 340 Valiant" or something like that. Supposedly a street beater owned by Marvin Mopar or some such. Probably a BS name. This was before Mopar Action went into print.

Ehernberg street raced it. So I think he kept it on the downlow and put a fake name to enhance the street race vibe of the article.

Cliff Gromer uses fake names to have a little fun. “Al Dente”, “Brunt Bros”

Uncle Tony and Cliff Gromer started Mopar Action when Rick Ehrenberg was still working for and/or contributing at High Performance Mopar. Tony was gone after a few issues, and Rick moved in.
I think the Green Brick was originally a utility company car with practically no options. So, a good, light platform for a racer.

Phil DePages. :p

I remember that car from the magazines I loved that car. But know I'll never have anything close in my lifetime

-
Back