Pics of Vinyl Roof Edges Needed

-

gerahead

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
I just installed a new vinyl roof on my 71 Dart hardtop project yesterday. The old one had been stripped off before I acquired the car. The front edge of the vinyl in the front ends parallel to the rain gutter and does not cover the length of the A-pillar. Is there someone out there that can post a picture of how theirs is trimmed at the front edge by the windshield and also at the rear edge of the rain gutter where the small chrome trim piece is screwed in at the lower corner of the quarter glass. Thanks in advance!

Jim

the front A-pillar vinyl is covered by a chrome trim piece at the top of the pillar, the vinyl does not go to the bottom I have pictures I see if I can dig them up.

Yup, I would like to see how the edge transitions from the break at the corner of the rain gutter to underneath that chrome piece. Same for the transition from the rain gutter to the lower trim and the beltline molding at the rear. Thanks!

Here is a photo of how I did the front edge of my top.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 11.56.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 11.58.52 PM.png

Awesome Dragonsteel! Do you happen to have similar views of how the bottom edge near the rear quarter glass was trimmed too? Thanks!

Best I could do on a photo as I didn't take one before the trim went on, but I would trim the top just below the trim mounting holes.
You can set the trim in place an then put some masking tape along the bottom edge as a reference guide line.

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 9.43.23 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 9.45.29 AM.png

Dragonsteel, thanks! I was able to zoom in and see what I needed to see. I was thinking of doing exactly what you mentioned. Thanks guys, FABO members are awesome!

Jim

-
Back