Pictures of Console Carpet for 69 Dart

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of how the one-piece wrap-around console carpet attaches to the center console for a 69 Dart? I am in the process of replacing all the wiring harnesses in the car, so I figured I would also take the console out to replace the top plate and fix the carpet. The guy who installed the carpet in my car clearly f**ked it up since it was bunched up and not really wrapped around. The dumbass also glued the excess down where it overlapped the floor carpet, so I would appreciate any recommendations on how to get that glue off the floor carpet. Thanks.

69 cuda but probably same. You can see on the center rear I still have chalk mark and in
20180317_230158.jpg
20180317_230143.jpg
20180317_230135.jpg
20180317_225952.jpg
corners to reference. I needed to trim the driver's side contour, a little at a time, keep trial fitting, use clamps to hold it, there's a small lip on the bottom edges to push the carpet into. I glued mine with contact cement, clamps, and adjusted every few hours until it dried.

69 cuda but probably same. You can see on the center rear I still have chalk mark and in View attachment 1715153988 View attachment 1715153989 View attachment 1715153991 View attachment 1715153992 corners to reference. I needed to trim the driver's side contour, a little at a time, keep trial fitting, use clamps to hold it, there's a small lip on the bottom edges to push the carpet into. I glued mine with contact cement, clamps, and adjusted every few hours until it dried.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated.

Short sections. I think 8 pieces total. I used 3M yellow adhesive as the Velcro is pretty strong. I thought the carpet would "stick out" but it' not noticeable.
I did it as well on my Legendary door panels.
That is an excellent idea. Did you happen to glue long strips of Velcro around the console or just short sections?

-
Back