Pistol Grip Measurements

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So I know this question has sort of been asked hundred of times, but I was hoping for maybe a little more detail. I'm looking into swapping out my T handle for a pistol grip for fun, but have a bit of a debate as to which handle I might like best in my car. From what I have found, the B body non-console or whatever shifter is one of the most recommended for an A body application (sold specifically for an A body at GunslingerShifters), but I've also heard of people using the shorter E body handle. I have aftermarket bucket seats in my 67 Dart out of a 94 Viper, so I think I probably sit a little closer to the floor and have plenty of room next to me because I don't have a console, so I was leaning toward a shorter shifter. However, I was wondering if anyone out there could take some measurements of their E body and B body pistol grips so I could try to mock up some pieces for my car to get an idea where they would sit before I order one and find out I don't like it.

If you could get a picture from the side with the different lengths of the shifter shaft and maybe some angles or something I'd appreciate it. A picture from behind might also be nice to see if there is any side to side offset of the handle. I figured I'd just bend up some coat hanger or something to get a rough idea where the handle would be in the different gears, but I need some numbers to be able to do that. Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Here's what they look like with the holes lined-up. The Ebody was the most comfortable and most fun to have....you will never miss a shift. The Bbody comes way back in 2nd and 4th. I had them both in a Demon with buckets.

Attachments

• Abody shifter dimen5.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 443
B body shifter.
console9-1.jpg

Keep in mind you might want to get a custom console some day and might need the length.

console7-1.jpg

Hey! Cudaspaz, what all did you have to do to get that T handle on your parking brake? I've been thinking of doing exactly that since my stock handle only has one side on it and it's rough on my hand. I've been trying to find a metal replacement handle. I swear I saw a nice simple aluminum on another picture here one time, but I can't find any details on it. Figured putting a T handle on it would be the next option since I already have the T handle on my shifter. If I end up getting the pistol grip I'll have it laying around and could put it to use.

-
Back