Piston Quench Signature

-

Dicer

70 Swinger
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just needing some info on this piston I received for Christmas exchanged last year. I questioned my brother and all he came up with is, “got it at a flea market”! Not looking for a value by no means a gift is a gift, but I would like to know is, what piston could this be out of? I see Petty's signature, but who's autograph is the other?

IMG_3387.JPG

IMG_3386.JPG

I would like to have the $ that single piston cost. Go to “science channel how it’s made on YouTube and they are at the CP/Carillo/Pankel factory. The tolerances are computer checked to within .00010 after final machining and cleanup.

You can get used John Force pistons for $20 a piece at his shop in Yorba Linda out of a 55 gallon drum. Heck if you had a 5.00 bore motor you could get a set of $1200 pistons for $160 used.....Don't know how much it would cost for him or daughters to sign one.....

You can get used John Force pistons for $20 a piece at his shop in Yorba Linda out of a 55 gallon drum. Heck if you had a 5.00 bore motor you could get a set of $1200 pistons for $160 used.....Don't know how much it would cost for him or daughters to sign one.....

This may not be what u want to hear, but I wouldn`t take a motormouth force piston if he was giving them away !

Oh, that would be pretty close, but I think Craig Breedlove has that honor. Even his feats pale in comparison to Slam’n Sammy Miller, though. I would like to have some of those pistons to measure them, just to see they are still round or have any barrel taper left in them. I have read about nitro teams that have ran whole seasons out of other teams dumpsters, though.

The one I saw looked new. Dont know but it looked like a huge ashtray to me.

i got a connecting rod with don garletts signature engraved on it! he gave it to me 2 weeks before his museum opened, me and dad jumped fence from I-75 to see what we could see, don gave us a tour of the swamp ratts then turned us loss to view rest of it, was really nice to us considering we broke in..lol

i got a connecting rod with don garletts signature engraved on it! he gave it to me 2 weeks before his museum opened, me and dad jumped fence from I-75 to see what we could see, don gave us a tour of the swamp ratts then turned us loss to view rest of it, was really nice to us considering we broke in..lol

COOL !!

-
Back