Please give your opinion on my parking options. :)

-

Patrick's74Custom

Reaction score
Hi. I live in Maine and fortunately I have nice inside storage from November till May but till November rolls around again I am outside. Here are my choices:
1. Park on the asphalt as pictured. Problems include it is a high traffic area and the rain gutters empty out right near my Dart. Good points-It is shielded from most of the wind.
2. Park in the dirt. If I go this route I have bought 6 mil 10X25 plastic sheeting (vapor barrier) that I would staple down and then put sheets of plywood on top of this. Problems-not shielded from wind and more birds. :)

Any opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• grass.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 82
  • asph.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 84
  • plas.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 88
Park on the pavement, and use a rain gutter water diverter to steer the water away from the car. Never park on dirt or gravel for extended periods. Plastic might help a very little, but not even close to being enough.

George

Unless the car is COVERED down to ground level, this is nonsense. Ground moisture IN THE OPEN has almost no effect compared to being on concrete/ asphault just a few feet away.

The only time open dirt/ ground has much effect is when it can evaporate moisture into the air INTO an ENCLOSED space, like a garage with a dirt floor. Especially if the garage is something like a non-insulated metal pole building, the combination of condensation on the cold metal at night, the re-evaporation in the sun, and the migration and evaporation INTO the garage from the ground can be very damaging.

I don't know what to suggest: Portable all metal carport? Use old sheets over car, and then a car cover over that? Again, don't tarp/ cover it down to ground level, let the underside be ventilated.

Park on the pavement, divert as much water away from the car as you can and use a good car cover.

-
Back