Please Help With Early A Body Bucket Seat Identification

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 65 Dart GT Slant 6 with a factory 4 speed. It is a cool little car. He wants to order Seat covers for it, but he is not sure the bucket seats are the originals. I will give you exactly what he gave me. Any help determining if these are the correct seats, or maybe slightly different year/model but the 65 Dart Legendary covers would still fit would be much appreciated. Pictures first, then the data he gave me. Thanks.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Seat back:

height 23"

width @ hinge 20.75"

thickness @ base 3.5" @ top 3"

pleats are approx 0.5"

seat base:

width 23"

front to back 22.5"

thickness 4"

Mounting holes on base:

side to side 17.75"

front to back 12.125"

The seat covers look like this:
64/65 BARRACUDA & 65 VALIANT BUCKET UPHOLSTERY - BLACK | Legendary Auto Interiors

Those are the right seats but I think they are from a Barracuda so the vinyl is different, that’s probably it

Those are 64-5 Barracuda seats. I agree with above that they are the same as 64-5 Dart except for the upholstery, which is interchangeable. 63's also have the same seats, with different chrome trim and different upholstery pattern. 66 and up are different seats. Not a great picture, but here are my 65 Barracuda seats:

20180521_200835.jpg

ditto. my 65 Barracuda seats are identical, pattern too. the 66 were more narrow for the new for 66 full length optional console. Mine were hard as rocks and the bun had turned to flaking yellow powder. Had them rebuilt at an interior shop. Came out a little squared off on the bottom but much better than the old originals. Pattern was converted to larger pleats. Comfy!
3.jpg

-
Back