plumbing trans to cooler

-

johnsdart

Reaction score
My son and I are trying to run new lines , hose is preferred and are looking at teflon lined hose or braided and are looking for some imput from any body that has tried this with aeroquip twistlocks or An fittings . any help would be appreciated.

My son and I are trying to run new lines , hose is preferred and are looking at teflon lined hose or braided and are looking for some imput from any body that has tried this with aeroquip twistlocks or An fittings . any help would be appreciated.
not sure what you`re asking. i use all, if available, jeg`s braided line and an fittings. my cooler is a b&m with the the embossed plates and if you are going to use one of these, make sure you follow mounting instuctions.

I bought about 15' of 3/8" braided line and AN fittings for the trans and the hose ends and trans cooler. I mounte the cooler in front of the radiator, made my own lines and and installed the fittings on the hose and trans and cooler. You just need to make sure when yo ucut the line you wrap it with tight with like a good packing tape, duct tape etc before you cut to minimize the fray.

I use a air cutoff tool and a high speed wheel. But you can use a die grinder with a wheel, or even a hack saw. Lite lube o nthe fittings, insert onto the hose then wrench the threded part into the fittings. Mine came out very nice. i thing got several rubber lined clamps and mounto to the oil pan bolt, framrail etc to make the lines look clean and stay away from exhaust etc. and minimize rattles, rubbing etc.

Good luck

I ran my over the trans and to the front as shown below.

fan004.jpg

-
Back