Porting EQ/ RHS X heads

-

mgoblue9798

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Since both are out of production now, maybe someone wouldn't mind sharing a couple tips?
Plan to keep the 1.92 valve, good 3 angle plus 70 bowl cut. Thanks in advance guys. Stock stroke 340 build with 400 hp and torque target.

If you’re doing any porting yourself I would read all the articles you can. There are quite a few, and error on the side of conservative when removing casting. That’s what I did, and only smoothed the seat/bowl ledges in some ports, rounded/tapered around the guide bosses, and gasket matched the intake ports, although the pushrod pinch is pretty intrusive and I’m not sure of the benefits of opening to the gasket there. My 1.92 intake EQ’s did pretty good with my setup, but there surely was room for much better port work, and bigger valves but only by a professional. I stuck to the basics. I have a few pictures the areas I worked over. I spent the most time on the intake bosses and roof in that area contouring as shown in picture looking through the chamber. :)
3076C53C-6A05-4412-BF17-89C415202B77.jpeg
0BBAAA77-47FA-47B7-9A26-0CE076DB10DE.jpeg
607D6A97-5C8B-45A8-8CE4-93955027CBCF.jpeg

If you’re doing any porting yourself I would read all the articles you can. There are quite a few, and error on the side of conservative when removing casting. That’s what I did, and only smoothed the seat/bowl ledges in some ports, rounded/tapered around the guide bosses, and gasket matched the intake ports, although the pushrod pinch is pretty intrusive and I’m not sure of the benefits of opening to the gasket there. My 1.92 intake EQ’s did pretty good with my setup, but there surely was room for much better port work, and bigger valves but only by a professional. I stuck to the basics. I have a few pictures the areas I worked over. I spent the most time on the intake bosses and roof in that area contouring as shown in picture looking through the chamber. :)View attachment 1715682671 View attachment 1715682672View attachment 1715682673

Thank you sir I appreciate your taking time to reply and the pics.

-
Back