Portland Roadster Show

-

frogpirate

Reaction score
Did anyone else go, or is anyone going tomorrow? I went over (Portland Convention Center) for a couple hours today. I tried to shoot a few pictures, but they did not come out all that well. There were at least a few cars that would be of interest to people on this list - a pair of fast-back Orange Barracuda's, a hand full of Dart's, and then a selection of 'B' and 'C' bodies, including a couple Hemi's. There was also at least one Hemi Dart. My favorite was a '64 Polara 2-door HT 383 powered vintage drag car - very much like the 4-door HT Dad owned and I drove in High School.

Teaser, in case your on the fence...

DSCI0327small.jpg

Hi I was thinking of going tomorrow. Was it worth it, I went a few years ago and there weren't that many cars? what do they want for admission.

Thanks Richard

We have a few indoor "convention center" shows around here. I hear ya about not too many cars. I go to one in Allentown PA, 1 1/2 hour drive, 1 hour at the show, and then another 1 1/2 hour drive back home. But, in the middle of the winter it is just good to get out and do something car related.

Entry is $15, but you can get a $1 off coupon at Baxter Auto Parts. I thought it was pretty worth it, the have the entire main floor at the convention center full, plus part of the wing rooms. I wish there had been more vendors, 'cause I love looking at catalogs and such after the show, but there are plenty of cars to keep you busy for a couple-three hours.

Of course, there are way to many Ch*vy's, but what can you do? 8)

Ken

Yeah it's worth the price.....

If we dont keep these shows going, there wont be anymore. Coolest car may be the bare metal twin turbo Gen3 hemi powered Challenger. C5 suspension, custom chassis etc.....

. Coolest car may be the bare metal twin turbo Gen3 hemi powered Challenger. C5 suspension, custom chassis etc.....

That one is freakin' hot. Obviously a big-buck project, I don't remember who was building it, but I think it was local.

This is the only picture I took of it:

DSCI0307small.jpg

Bruning Auto Design is building it, they are near Camas. Rear mounted transmission (torquetube), 15" Baer brakes etc.....

Yes a very big bucks project, ONE-OFF everything. I am friends with those guys and have seen as the car slowly progresses. They got a couple other cool cars in their shop as well right now.. www.bruningautodesign.com

-
Back