Possible source for billet crank

-

srixon4406

TURBO TOAD
Reaction score
K1 was recently bought out by molner tech and Tom molner is entertaining the idea of possibly doing a run of billet crank shafts there going to be pricey 2800 to 3000 would there be any interest in a lighter strong crank shaft
Here's a link over on. Org
http://www.slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351836#351836
I'm in the process of getting with him and possibly dropping a crank off to him and maybe if there's some interest we could do a group buy and get the price down some but we will see just thought I'd bring it over here to FABO let me no what you guys think

Tom Molnar
Molnar Technologies Phone: 616-940-4640
E-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: www.MolnarTechnologies.com

I tell you, I think what the slant guys need more than all that. I think we could use a five main block and crank. I mean billett is nice and all, but when was the last time you saw a broke forged slant crank? I ain't ever seen one. I'm sure some time traveler will pop in here and say they have, and that's cool, but I've never seen one. I think if the block and crank both had five mains, all that would be strong enough for a cast crank, much less forged.Think about that for a while. Cause without the extra main, if you're runnin enough power to need a fancy billett crank, the block ain't far from failin, I bet. Just food for thought.

I think we could use a five main block and crank. ...without the extra main, if you're runnin' enough power to need a fancy billett crank, the block ain't far from failin', I bet. Just food for thought.

"food for thought" fer sure...

Just exactly HOW would you position the connecting rod throws with a "five main bearing" crank, in an inline 6 ???

Hmmmm.....

Brg........rod throws(2).......Brg........rod throws(2)......Brg.......rod throws(2)......Brg

Oh wait; that's only 4 main bearings; where to put the other one???

I get so confused....

Did you mean SEVEN main bearings???

That, I can understand....

Educate me.... (this is not a V8.)

Hell's bells I want to build a late 80's cast crank turbo motor. And I want to lighten the crap out of the crank too.

Dave Dutra has done some neat work with cast cranks. They're light!

A cast 440 crank is good to 600hp.

Spend your money elsewhere.

-
Back