Post your durango/Dakota manifolds in early A bodies here.

-

Muad'Dib15

Reaction score
*Post your durango/dakota manifold pictures in early A bodies here.*

Ok, so I'm getting sick and tired of seeing over 9000 threads asking about the ability to put 5.2/5.9 Durango or Dakota manifolds in their 64-66 Valient/Cuda/Dart. So here's a thread to answer questions that I've heard and some pictures to show what I mean.

So the answer to some FAQs.

Are the durango and dakota manifolds the same?

Yes they are. The Durango was based on the Dodge Dakota (Chrysler N) platform, so any manifolds that you get off of one should work on the other. I don't know much about the specifics of each, but common sense dictates it should work because the trucks are the same from the front windshield forward.
Just found that the Rams have the same, but not quite certain about that. I've also got questions on whether or not the previous gen will work. This I don't know either.

What years are compatible?

I speak from personal experiance, but from research I have done it seems that the manifolds to use are from a 99-2003 Durango (Mine are off of an 03). 2004 had the hemi replace the magnum engine and I'm not entirely certain, but because the body style was the same in 97 and 98 as the Durango, you should be able to use the 5.2 manifolds off of the Dakota if you are running a 318. Like I said, I'm not sure of the specifics on these trucks or the engines so I'm not assuming anything here. To me 318 manifolds only fit on 318s and 360s are the same, if I'm wrong feel free to correct me.

What is needed to make them fit?

The general consensus is that they are a little too wide to fit without rubbing on something. They drop straight in but the edge rubs on the steering shaft. It will NOT work with PS as it interfers with the steering gear box. I have also heard, but not confirmed that it interferes with the Z bar on manual transmission cars, but a simple hydraulic set up should fix this. To fix the rubbing on the steering shaft you can either grind the side of the drivers manifold until you have some room or you can do like we did, and shim the sh*t out of the driver's side mount until it raises off the shaft. There is no clearance issue for anything with the passenger side.

If there are any more questions or addional facts you would like me to add just let me know.

7618_103905446289984_100000115862640_110505_2214123_n.jpg
7618_103905439623318_100000115862640_110503_5262805_n.jpg

here are the Durango manifolds on my 360.

and a few more pictures

sorry if I sound mad, I'm not.
Could the mods make this a sticky please, it will help people a lot.

-
Back