Power steering brackets and pulleys

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
In my pile of parts I have Saginaw, Federal, and TRW pumps, all cores except the Federal pump I just went through. As far as I recall the Federal pump came off a big block many years ago. My Saginaw and TRW pumps are probably a mixture of big block, small block, and slant.

Now for the problem. I have the funky two piece bracket setup that I thought was Federal, nope it's TRW. I also have the two-piece big block TRW bracket setup and the one-piece big block Federal bracket. The Federal bracket puts the pulley I have in line with the second pulley on the crank, BUT I'm going to be running AC. It needs to match up with the third pulley. I'd rather not have to buy more parts, but if I have to...

I did look at the pics of the 1969 Polara 383 that I put into my old '67 fastback using all of the Polara parts, including the same bracket I now have for my convertible. So the pulley must be different...

So, is there a different pulley that work with the Federal bracket/pump that I have? Different bracket? I know that I have more pulleys around, BUT...

If I have to go to one of the TRW pumps, how do I identify a big block pulley?
20210328_145048.jpg
20210328_145057.jpg
20210328_145110.jpg
20210328_145118.jpg
20210328_145134.jpg

Got the pulley from killerslant the other day. Got a lot accomplished around the house today including getting the pulley cleaned, blasted, and painted. Then got the pump installed. We've got power steering now. Hopefully next weekend is getting the patch panels and trunk drops installed so I can finish the body and possibly paint some time this year (likely not until the new garage is built, but could be at my buddy's shop).

-
Back