Power steering help

-

dan0340

Reaction score
Hey everyone I’m restoring a 73 duster with my 15 year old son for his first car. I’ve already gotten so much help from people on here. I have another question. It has a 360la in it from an unknown year (guessing a late 70s). I’m gonna try to install a power steering pump , it has the box already in the car and the hoses but no brackets or pump. I’m thinking of trying to make some brackets but not sure how everything is supposed to connect to the block. Can any of you share some photos of your power steering setup specifically how they are mounted? I know it’s difficult to get that in a photo but anything would help!

Hey everyone I’m restoring a 73 duster with my 15 year old son for his first car. I’ve already gotten so much help from people on here. I have another question. It has a 360la in it from an unknown year (guessing a late 70s). I’m gonna try to install a power steering pump , it has the box already in the car and the hoses but no brackets or pump. I’m thinking of trying to make some brackets but not sure how everything is supposed to connect to the block. Can any of you share some photos of your power steering setup specifically how they are mounted? I know it’s difficult to get that in a photo but anything would help!

I can if you still need pics in the morning.
73 Dart here, so same stuff.

'89 D100 pickup, 318.

Screenshot_20240613-120026_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

I have this pump a guy gave me I’m hoping will work and it looks like my car had power steering before

IMG_0084.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

It looks like it’s set up for three anchor points but one of them would require me to take out one of the manifold bolts, do you think I’d have issues with leaking if I take it out and put it back in? Here is a pic of it close to where it needs to go. Does anyone else have this same bracket set up for their cars on a small block?

IMG_0087.jpeg

Thanks that helps! So are your anchor spots for the brackets just two anchors? One on the water pump and second down on the block? Here is my setup with the spots it looks like you are using in red.

View attachment 1716262332

You know, if you quote someone they get a notification that there is new info or posts.

There are two bolts in that bracket to the block and one to a water pump bolt.

-
Back