power steering pump

-

HOTROD HARRY

Reaction score
I got this pump from a member for a 64 Valiant slant 6
It has manual steering now. I dont have the car to check if pump will fit.
I think i have a photo here. can somone tell me if i have all i need or is there another bracket. If i need more does anyone have one?
Harry

View attachment 64.valiant.jpg

there is a "U" shaped bracket that bolts in between those two ears and then to the block... i think that is the later style pump becasue it has the long non round neck....

pics are with an early pump... 68 engine

Attachments

• 100_3693.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 483
  • 100_3695.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 253
You have the later Saginaw pump. 805moparkid shows an earlier pump, either the TRW or Federal, can't tell in that view.

One small data point. My 69 Dart's bracket broke, with cracks all over. I got another from a later slant six in the junkyard, maybe ~73. That was decades ago. It was a very different design, but fit my pump. As I recall, everything looked like in the '68 photo above (perhaps replaced?). I don't know if a generic problem, but I suggest you look for the later style bracket. 73+ cars are easier to find in the junkyard anyway.

I got this pump from a member for a 64 Valiant slant 6
It has manual steering now. I dont have the car to check if pump will fit.
I think i have a photo here. can somone tell me if i have all i need or is there another bracket. If i need more does anyone have one?
Harry

View attachment 289719
Yours looks like the '67-9 small block pump.

thanks for the help
The member i got it from said it was a 72 slant 6. I was led to belive i had everything to change the car to power steering.
If some one has the bracket i need I will buy it
thank you
Harry

-
Back