Power Steering Upgrade Questions

-

John Mountain

Reaction score
So I have a '75 Duster (slant 6, no power steering, no ac, 3 on the tree) and my original manual steering box gave out (worm gear shredded itself). This is my only car and my daily, as I'm 17 and this is my first car. I have a decent amount saved up and decided it's time to go power steering, since i eventually want to swap engine/trans and add A/C and such. I've been looking to get the Borgeson 800127 steering box. It looks like I'm going to need to cut the steering shaft since it's a factory manual steering car, and I'm not sure how to add the PS pump to an engine that runs only the fan and alternator on the fan belt.

If anyone knows about fitment from my steering column to the new box, have suggestions on boxes or pumps to use, know of any brackets to use, please help.

Sent you a PM, I have everything you need to bolt that conversation with no cutting and welding, just bolt up and go.

I will trade you anything you need for the manual stuff including your worn out box

I have pulleys, brackets, the pump, the whole show

I've never seen a manual box fail in a catastrophic manner. Never cut a steering shaft, there's better options like Rainey, er Princess's above.

So I have a '75 Duster (slant 6, no power steering, no ac, 3 on the tree) and my original manual steering box gave out (worm gear shredded itself). This is my only car and my daily, as I'm 17 and this is my first car. I have a decent amount saved up and decided it's time to go power steering, since i eventually want to swap engine/trans and add A/C and such. I've been looking to get the Borgeson 800127 steering box. It looks like I'm going to need to cut the steering shaft since it's a factory manual steering car, and I'm not sure how to add the PS pump to an engine that runs only the fan and alternator on the fan belt.If anyone knows about fitment from my steering column to the new box, have suggestions on boxes or pumps to use, know of any brackets to use, please help.

Hello John Mountain,
Welcome to FABO's.
Wish you the best with your ride.
Post some pix of it.
Stay Safe......
Happy Mopar :)
Arron.

You'll need a column for PS and 3 on the tree as well as the other stuff. Or go floor shift and a manual PS column.

Sent you a PM, I have everything you need to bolt that conversation with no cutting and welding, just bolt up and go.

I will trade you anything you need for the manual stuff including your worn out box

I have pulleys, brackets, the pump, the whole show

Hi, do you have the parts for a 67 Barracuda V8 car. My friend is 80 and wants power steering. Thanks

i sell my bolt in kit. No column cutting and uses factory hoses. I’m a site sponsor and a member for 10+ years.

You'll need a column for PS and 3 on the tree as well as the other stuff. Or go floor shift and a manual PS column.
Just the center shaft and coupler are different. The rest of the column is the same.

-
Back