Power window conversion

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I am looking into taking a car and making it more modernized and using it as a daily driver. By modernized I only really plan to add power windows and a 5 speed manual and possible fuel injection. Nothing too crazy. I have also toyed with the idea of putting those tubular upper and lower control arms and the coil over shocks. Curious about the quality of those if anyone has ever used them.

My main question however is about the power window kits. I have seen several different types and brands and what not. Just curious what people have used and how well or not well it worked and what troubles you ran into.

Thanks for your time

Jeff

Hey Jeff....There is a member that has a really beautiful Dart that he has done a lot of "modern day" mods to, one of which is power windows. I bookmarked the site he posted in regards to the windows, I think. I will start looking.....Just searched thru my book marks and the only thing I found about windows was Spals site, but don't know if this was it......http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=CategoryBody&c=PWWI

Avoid Electric Life's kit.

Dont know what car you need em for, but Nu-relics kits are decent. They make em for a Dart, but told me it would not work for a Duster/Demon

I am going to be buying a 69 Valiant so that's what they are going to be going into. I am trying to gather information on it. Plan to build a warmed up slant with a little less than ten to one compression and a 5 speed manual trans. Eventually going to have a turbo slant with possible fuel injection.

What exactly is wrong with that companies kits?! Hat problem did you have?

Thanks
Jeff

Inkjunkie how have you been also? I think the last time I talked to you is when you bought that valiant from my dad. I am currently working on a hot rod/ molar themed sleeve on my right arm. Ill post some pictures later tonight

Jeff

RJ,
whats up with EL I have a set sitting in the shop waiting for the glass.
Andrew

Weak motor and the track flexes, literally have to help the glass up by hand. That was in two Camaro kits I have seen. I ordered their kit for our cars and it was the same motor and same looking track

Does anyone know if there is a tread detailing the install process? It would be nice to have an idea before I start doing it myself. Also does anyone have any pictures of the setups that they have in their cars power window wise.

Thanks again

Jeff

OK,
The stiffness of the rollers had really started to bother me, they were hard to roll when I tried.l can imagine this would put a HUGE strain on the motor so..
I made a tool for my electric drill to "exercise" the white rollers on the EL power window mechanism, to no avail.
Since I had already made a "wheel puller" for the window hardware I pulled the rollers and ran a 1/4" spherical dremel cutter on the inside of the Main roller and reassembled them. They now spin effortlessly. I suspect this will help.
Ill let you know when I put the glass in.
Andrew

-
Back